Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 863441 times)

borchesterlass

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #480 on: August 28, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »

Hi Marian from NY, vagifem has really sorted out my bladder problems. I was weeing three times a night and god knows how many times during the day . I didn't want to go near HRT at all but this product is exceptional.

marianinny

« Reply #481 on: August 28, 2010, 02:05:17 PM »

Thank you ladies, I'll let you know how it goes with the Vagifem!

Eddie

« Reply #482 on: August 28, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »

Hello from me too. I one of the Scottish ladies on here. Hope you respond well to the Vagifem, i've found lots of relief of various normal symptoms with it. Eddie. x

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #483 on: September 13, 2010, 12:55:39 PM »

For World Menopause Day, the International Menopause Society is seeking women with vaginal dryness for a press conference in London on the 7th October.
See the link below for more info.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=8023.msg133784#msg133784
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:14:05 PM by Emma »

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #484 on: September 28, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »

There's a really good information leaflet you can download.
It's a PDF file, 4 pages long and about 4Mb, entitled "Vaginal atrophy - a change with the menopause".
http://www.imsociety.org/downloads/world_menopause_day_2010/patient_leaflet_english.pdf

There are also other language versions in the download directory at:
http://www.imsociety.org/downloads/world_menopause_day_2010/

cherry

« Reply #485 on: October 07, 2010, 01:43:37 AM »

Vaginal Dryness...Out of all the things that go with the menopause this for me has to be the worst of them all.I was advised by a doctor to use KY Jelly But it just didn't cut the mustard for me.So I plucked up the courage to go ask in Boots  about what products i could use to treat it and I now use Replens MD and I haven't looked back.Its really worked for me,But now i'm also on HRT so i feel that is helping matters there too. :)

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #486 on: October 07, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »

Further to the downloads mentioned above, there is also a Powerpoint slide set available.
The slide set summarizes information about vaginal health, the symptoms, causes and management of vaginal atrophy.
Download the slide set here.

See more info at
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=7625.15
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:27:27 AM by Emma »

Suzi Q

« Reply #487 on: December 14, 2010, 12:26:57 PM »

Vaginal Dryness...Out of all the things that go with the menopause this for me has to be the worst of them all.I was advised by a doctor to use KY Jelly But it just didn't cut the mustard for me.So I plucked up the courage to go ask in Boots  about what products i could use to treat it and I now use Replens MD and I haven't looked back.Its really worked for me,But now i'm also on HRT so i feel that is helping matters there too. :)

Vaginal Dryness is terrible Vagifem  has made sex almost like it was but never spontan dont think those days are over
For me scarey part of all this is the outer genitalia has almost vanished disolving in to the skin I look deformed down there
IM 57 its been happening for the last 2 years Ive no inner labias to speak of and my clitoral hoods and the sides to it are miniscule
I worry that it wont stop and I will be left with my clittoral exspeosed and that too seems to be sinking
All the GPS said the same age and meno at 37 fates against me what if their penis and testicles started to shrivel and shrink?

HotFlushFlossie

« Reply #488 on: January 13, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »

After a hysterectomy and removal of ovaries I was thrown head first into the menopause at 47, up to then had no symptoms.  Doctors put me onto HRT and after a couple of months I decided the risk was far too much, which consequently I know now was the right decision after my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Anyway I digress, I was in a new relationship with a younger man, and about 4 years into the menopause I started to get water infections, thrush, vaginal dryness and sex became painful, yes I agree about the sand paper!, but it got worse and it was agony at times, and always an infection after.  I have a wonderful female doctor, who is my age, (55 now) who understood and put me onto Estriol cream, but explained still some risks with that, but much less.  After using this cream now for over 3 years, I have managed to reduce the dosage to once a week, and half the dose, but use petroleum jelly for hanky panky lol.  This seems to work, occasionally I forget to use the cream, last time I forgot for a few weeks and ended up with cystitus again.  I always remember my mother telling me that after a hysterectomy she could not bear sex any more, it was painful and she kept getting cystitus, obviously she was suffering the same as me, but her gp did not give the advice I got, or maybe it just was not known then.  Mum was convinced they had sewn her up too tight, poor dads sex life ended for good. 

For those wondering if the cream will work, well it has for me, I have never encountered any pain, discomfort etc, but have noticed a few red tiny spots appearing, so am going to go see my lovely gp and see if I should come off it, and try something else now.

As for the hot flushes, I found that all the natural remedies didnt work for me, tried all sorts, until I was told about Soya Isoflavones, 500mg, Holland and Barrett in UK sell them, and they work for me, tried stopping them to see if it was all over, they came back with a vengence after a month, those night sweats are the worst!!!!  Interesting if I eat salted peanuts I have night sweats??? 

Lastly how long does it last?  My nana died aged 72 and was still having hot flushes - arghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Taz2

« Reply #489 on: January 13, 2011, 09:06:49 PM »

Hi Hotflushflossie - welcome to the forum from me.

Thanks for such a positive post. You will fit in well here, I can tell!! Have a good browse around. You will find lots of support and help on here and there is always someone to listen.

You may like to introduce yourself under New Members as it is easy to get missed and lots of members will want to welcome you.

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2011, 03:42:29 AM »

:welcomemm:
Suzi Q

lubi loo

« Reply #491 on: February 04, 2011, 06:43:07 PM »

was surprised just how arrid my old friend became...have used some lubes for sex but its that dry gaping feeling that saddens me...just said to friend the other day... I could now wear my knickers for a week!!!!! though if "bladder" joins in the melee that may not be viable....oh what a toodoo..
Will maybe try some of ur advice on forum.
 Sex quite painful as well. And not such a satisfying orgasm. lot of work..little return..u know like sitting :'( on loo and only pass wind  bit disappointing. :'(

Taz2

« Reply #492 on: February 04, 2011, 06:50:08 PM »

Hi Lubi loo - welcome to the forum and what a great first post  ;D

Seriously, though, vaginal dryness is very uncomfortable and the poor quality orgasms are so, so annoying! It can be just like a little flicker or shiver and that's that - don't you find? Are you on any type of HRT? Vagifem or Ovestin cream are good products but only available on prescription. I am 57 and now need both HRT and Vagifem to keep everything ok.

You may like to introduce yourself on the New Members thread so that more can welcome you. Have a good look around - I am sure you will fit in here just fine.

Taz x

lubi loo

« Reply #493 on: February 04, 2011, 08:07:40 PM »

Thank u Taz2 I will be working my way through the forum...I need some sort of PC sat nav..not just vagina a gaping hole ,my brain seems to have dried up as well..will invest time in finding newbie section...and intro myself to the rest of the "wise ones" thats how i liketo see us mature ladies..though sometimes "wizened" feels more appropriate....I feel like i have entered the decade of decay..but i will fight it....and win. ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #494 on: February 06, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »

LUBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HIYA
from one flappy fanny to another HI BABE
Isnt it a shocker that feeling of being WIDE open down there its hard to explain isnt it?
Gaping hole I presume you mean the old inner labias are fast shrinking too yes?
Didnt associate the gaping hole till I realised that the inner labias had been so long that they almost went to the bottom hole
HAD vanished to a teeny flap and all the rest was buck naked
I got so much help on this site for AV and got nagged at by var LOVELY LADIES cos I was S ... scared to go GP
A year ago next Sunday I used the first Vagifem to say my life changed would be an understatment
Ive been to Paris Rome Venice and England since I started vagifem made love everywhere
This time last years SEX was just something I did but F it hurt give it a try OK
Suzi Q
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79