Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 877906 times)

Eddie

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »

Larkrise, i've just started on vagifem too, i've used 5 tabs, i find it actually quite uncomfortable to put them in, but i'm heading for a period so maybe a bit tender, trying to use as many as poss before period comes, don't like the though of both at the same time. However the benefits are starting to show, i feel alive down there, the silly things you don't notice.

wee rascal

« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »

Larkrise, i've just started on vagifem too, i've used 5 tabs, i find it actually quite uncomfortable to put them in, but i'm heading for a period so maybe a bit tender, trying to use as many as poss before period comes, don't like the though of both at the same time. However the benefits are starting to show, i feel alive down there, the silly things you don't notice.
Eddie...pop a wee bit of lube on your finger and insert it before you use the Vagifem...that'll help you insert the applicator better.

Catherine x

Eddie

« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »

Thing is, i'm not dry. The applicator seems to hurt when taken out, but it doesn't come out dry? I did get the coconut oil. No connection intended here.

wee rascal

« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2010, 01:05:32 PM »

hmmmm...maybe the applicators then? Maybe the edge was a wee bit rough or something. I've never used Vagifem myself...I use the Ortho Gynest pessaries.

Catherine x

Eddie

« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2010, 01:26:50 PM »

I'm sure it will get better, obviously there is a problem there, hoping this is going to sort it.

Suzi Q

« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2010, 06:12:42 AM »

HI Lark
my GP said to give it till the full 2 weeks or in my case 3 weeks was over
He said let the insides heal get well again before sex
He said if you broke your leg and tha plaster came off youd not be dancing that night
Give it time dont rush cos then if it hurts you will say its not working
My advice WAIT wait till the feelings come back and let your body and mind heal
Suzi Q

Donna1

« Reply #426 on: July 22, 2010, 11:56:26 PM »

When I first started noticing it, I used lube, which helped a bit - then I bought some ben wah balls.
I hadnt used these for years, but weraring them regularly certainly resolved the problem.

Added bonus, the kegel excercises also resulted in lots fewer sudden rushes for the loo, which I'd noticed a lot, especially on waking in the morning.

Eddie

« Reply #427 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:31 AM »

That's interesting, i take it these "balls" strengthen the pelvic muscle?

Donna1

« Reply #428 on: July 23, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »

Hi Eddie

yes, they excercise and therefore strengthen the pelvic muscles - and provide stimulation, thus counteracting the dryness.

Donna

Taz2

« Reply #429 on: July 23, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »

Hi Donna - sorry to disagree but with vaginal dryness/atrophy no amount of exercises will put it right. It is to do with the amount of oestrogen in the body. A lack of oestrogen depletes the collagen. Exercises are good to do of course - wonderful for the pelvic floor - but they won't help with splitting skin and the razor-blade feeling every time you have intercourse. How far through meno are you if you don't mind me asking?

Taz x  :)

Taz2

« Reply #430 on: July 23, 2010, 06:30:54 PM »

That's ok Larkrise - I remember inspecting OH the first time it happened feeling sure that he had grown some horrible protuberance  ;D ;D

taz x

Eddie

« Reply #431 on: July 23, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »

:rofl:

Taz2

« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2010, 04:23:44 PM »

The only thing that worked for me was Vagifem. This totally "cured" it within a week but you obviously have to use it longterm as it will become a problem again once you stop.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #433 on: July 24, 2010, 05:43:03 PM »

Hope it works well for you  :)

Night_Owl

« Reply #434 on: July 28, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »

Hi all

Just passing and thought I'd put a note of what my gynae recently highlighted again - that is, NOT to use soap at all and wash with aqueous cream (available cheaply from Boots).  Obviously that's just one small adjustment and alone wouldn't make any difference - In addition ....

In the battle against the dried up quim I use: HRT (patch plus tablet prog), Vagifem twice weekly, flax oil (two teaspoons a day) + vitamin E pessaries.  It all seems to work well together in keeping the hideous dryness at bay - and I'm able to have regular pain free sex - but I have to keep up the regime, otherwise the sandpaper effect will return - it's a constant battle and hard work.

Hope this is of some help.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:09:31 PM by Night_Owl »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79