Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 863493 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »

NOPE had water tested 4 times the second one showed up a very nasty infection
It wouldnt suprise me to find ive thrush again and or a UTI Ive made an appt for 21/11
If its like again tonight sod it I will go to a GP down the road Im almost at the end of my rope
Also took my blue pill hubbie stood over me and with in 30mins or so the pain eased considerably
Hes always saying a lot of it is nerves but this is just like last year it hurt so much
Put a tad more cream in tonight 3rd night now just 1/2 the amount but I feel like ive been punched
I hope your days been heaps better than mine and I feel so bad I cant show any excitment about our trip im in too muc pain
Oddly pain killers dont help wonder why?
Hugs and thank you
Suzi Q :-*

Made appt going today it was so bad and this am bad again fingers crossed she doesn give me in internal examination the pain!!!

Marija

« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2009, 12:53:12 PM »

I must say I am slightly confused here Dr Heather Currie quoted at the start of this thread - 'Because estrogen from these routes is low dose and is not absorbed significantly into the rest of the body, it can be used safely when normal HRT is not appropriate'
My Consultant said that I would have to take Vagifem/Ovestin for life and also stated that as the estrogen was such a low dose it is not absorbed into the blood stream   :-\

My doctor has never stated that I should have a break from Ovestin - saying that maybe I will feel better if I go back and see her  :)  Reading the instructions/warnings that come with the cream always makes me feel nervous about the product but I guess the drug companies are only protecting themselves fully  :(

Rebecca
My doctor also says that estrogen from ovestin/vagiferm is low dose and it's not absorbed into the rest of the body, but the producer of the cream must warn about possible risks even if the risk is very low.
That's why there's and instruction/warning coming with the cream.

dando

« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2009, 09:09:39 PM »

i use the Ovestin cream x 3 a week rather than 2 because I find twice a week is okay but not brilliant.  3 times a week is better. I hope I'm not endangering myself.  Twice a week doesn't reallydo an awful lot for me

suzysues

« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2009, 07:22:03 PM »

It seems strange that doctors prescribe HRT that you take internaly month after month, with all the side effects, but are over cautious about such a small dose that doesn't go into the liver. Maybe its another case of them not really understanding it?  ::)  I know that after persuading my doc to increase my dose of Vagifem I am already feeling much better after a few days. Surely this is better than suffering?

Marija

« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »

The point is that low dose estrogen from the cremes really does not absorb into the rest of the body signifcantly, but the producer must warn about the risk, even if the is risk very, very small of, for example 0,001%. But the risk is increasing if woman has fibroids and polyps, wich is my case. :( :'(

Suzi Q

« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2009, 07:29:48 AM »

Im now 20 days with out HRT cream
We made whoopee today even with my bad back
Hurt for a couple of second going in then tender for a fwew more then fine
Seemed wet enough no rasping Ok in fact BUT
Afterwards for a bout an hour or so I was sore then it went so I give up really
Suzi Q

Fi

« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2009, 11:54:41 AM »

It seems strange that doctors prescribe HRT that you take internaly month after month, with all the side effects, but are over cautious about such a small dose that doesn't go into the liver. Maybe its another case of them not really understanding it?  ::)  I know that after persuading my doc to increase my dose of Vagifem I am already feeling much better after a few days. Surely this is better than suffering?

Hi Suzysues  :xmas: The reason they are cautious (some of them) is (and I'm not an expert so if I've got this wrong, please tell me someone) is that the oestrogen cream only has oestrogen in it, whereas HRT pills have progestogen in them to balance the side effects of the oestrogen. Most docs these days seem to be agreeing that the oestrogen cream is so low-dose and used so specifically that it is unlikely to have any bad effects.

The reason not all docs agree is that they don't know for sure yet whether it IS okay. It's a similar thing with the oestrogen maybe being transferred to your partner during sex. Some docs say use a condom to protect the man. But I don't think they really know for sure either way, yet. I think you are right - they don't really understand it! :beat:

Glad to hear that you are feeling better  :clapping:

suzysues

« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2009, 09:30:28 PM »

Thanks Fi. I nearly didn't use the Vagifem for that reason. When I told hubs about the very small & possible risk of him getting boobs, he didn't want me to use it!  >:(  But after reading up more on it & finding it to be very rare he agreed, as not having sex at all was the other option!!  ;)

Suzi Q, that is great news!!!  :-*

Suzi Q

« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2009, 09:01:30 AM »

23 days now good day its 7pm only been to the loo twice
Want to go again though now second time was an hour ago feeling Ok
But the bits are vanishing hehehe
Suzi Q

Taz2

« Reply #219 on: December 09, 2009, 06:15:26 PM »

Suzi - it's not good to only go to the loo twice in a day! This is what can lead to infection as the urine can stagnate in the bladder. It is a good thing to empty it every two hours minimum. I reckon you should be drinking more - water that is not  :drunk: ha ha

Taz x

Colina

« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2009, 01:38:43 AM »

Mmmm, lots of interesting info here. I haven't been to the doc yet as my symptoms aren't driving me completely crazy yet. But they're starting...My libido has decreased definitely, but I think it's as much a self-esteem issue as a meno one. I've put on weight, and have had some trouble dealing emotionally with going through early menopause - I'm 43 (in a week). I've just begun to experience some pain during sex (isn't it strange the way life works, I used to complain that we didn't make love long enough, and of course since I've started going through menopause, he's now taking a lot longer to finish  ::)), I can't seem to stay lubricated as long as I used to, and I'm finding that while I don't get sore during, (I do use water based lubricants when required), I'm sore after, sometimes for days. It's sort of an achy, swollen feeling, and occasionally a bit itchy. From reading the posts here, it sounds like this is within the realm of "normal",  ;D. I do find though that it makes me nervous sometimes before making love, which doesn't help much.... :(.

Suzi Q

« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2009, 08:19:23 AM »

Mmmm, lots of interesting info here. I haven't been to the doc yet as my symptoms aren't driving me completely crazy yet. But they're starting...My libido has decreased definitely, but I think it's as much a self-esteem issue as a meno one. I've put on weight, and have had some trouble dealing emotionally with going through early menopause - I'm 43 (in a week). I've just begun to experience some pain during sex (isn't it strange the way life works, I used to complain that we didn't make love long enough, and of course since I've started going through menopause, he's now taking a lot longer to finish  ::)), I can't seem to stay lubricated as long as I used to, and I'm finding that while I don't get sore during, (I do use water based lubricants when required), I'm sore after, sometimes for days. It's sort of an achy, swollen feeling, and occasionally a bit itchy. From reading the posts here, it sounds like this is within the realm of "normal",  ;D. I do find though that it makes me nervous sometimes before making love, which doesn't help much.... :(.
NO THE FEELING and Im 14 years post meno
It hurts a bit to enter then the first couple of movements then it fine
BUT afterwards it hurts I describe it like a scratch feeling and just internaly sore mine lasts for an hour or all day
Im thinking of asking hubbie if we can try condoms the really lubricated ones see how it is with them he took care of buis before
25 years of condoms we can give it a go mind I dont tell him how sore I am afterwards I know!! Its just me Suzi Q :-X

ann123

« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »

Hi Colina

Sounds like you have the same symptoms I had, probably started when I was around 46 (just turned 50 now). Have you tried vagifem? It doesn't work for everyone, it did for me and I do not have any pain during sex now and don't need a lubricant now, I do sometimes use Durex play O lubricant, it is really nice.

Hope this helps
Ann

Deefor

« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2010, 09:48:37 PM »

Hello - nice to be among people who understand!!

I've been having repeated attacks of what I assumed was mild cystitis for months now; I'd get symptoms, take a sample along to my doctor's surgery, ring up later for the results only to be told, "Nope, nothing abnormal there, sorry, we can't give you any antibiotics", exist for a week or so on Cymalon lookalikes from my local supermarket, take another sample along, still no joy, and eventually have to make the appointment with my doctor I'd been trying to avoid...

Anyway, yesterday I saw my (lovely and very sympathetic) GP to ask if there wasn't some way round this, and she asked some pertinant questions (how are your periods?  etc), and suddenly the lightbulb came on, and I realised that maybe the lack of - er - lubrication at certain intimate moments might not just be down to familiarity and Australian foreplay (i.e. "You awake?")!  So she's prescribed some Ovestin cream, and we'll see how we go.

I'm still having periods, but they're getting a bit erratic - I actually bought myself a pregnancy test a few months ago, which caused a bit of a confrontation between Mr. D and our teenaged daughter, not least because he had the snip years ago! - and I now realise that my tendency to bite peoples' heads off with very little provocation on occasion might not just be down to me becoming "just like your mother"  ;)  

Good 'ere, innit?!  :bounce:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:52:30 PM by Deefor »

terriw

« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58:25 PM »

Australian foreplay (i.e. "You awake?")! 

:clapping: :clapping: :lol:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79