Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ladycare  (Read 11366 times)

Astolat

Ladycare
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »

Hi to all,
Have any of you tried the Ladycare gadget that they're selling in a well leading chemist? It claims to combat hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, sleeplessness, headaches, bloating, fatigue and memory lapses - all for only £21!
It looks like a small plastic disc that you clip onto your underwear but the advert doesn't say exactly what it is or what it does?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:37:07 AM by Emma »

Taz2

Re: Ladycare
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

Quite a few members have tried it i believe. If you put ladycare magnet into the search box (the one top left in the blue bar is the best) it will bring up some posts about it.

Taz x

Astolat

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »

That's great, thanks for that Taz2!
Can't believe that a little magnet will help but would like to read all the info.... :-\

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »

I gave Ladycare a try but it didn't work for me  :'(  think its one of those things that you really have to believe it will work for it to work,  however as i'm having a really bad phase of flushes, panic, anxiety, palputations etc etc etc  i might just dig it out of the drawer and give it another go. forgot i actually had it thankyou for jogging my memory  :)

sweettooth

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 11:44:22 PM »

Hi ii bought this but it didnt work for me. I am of the opinion that it possibly works a bit like mind over matter :-\

Christine662

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 06:25:41 AM »

Hi

I took mine off on Monday after nearly a year (no rusty patch) ;D

The reason I have taken it off is that I read that magnetic therapy can sometimes cause digestive problems & I have been in a lot of pain on & off for quite a while with heartburn. So am leaving it off for a while to see if anythign changes.

I dont know if it has been helping or not to be honest, but i had it on so long I was wary of removing it.

We shall see...

Stumpy xx

Bette

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »

This from the Green Menu:-
MAGNETIC THERAPY - Magnetic therapy has been used for many years for problems such as joint aches, stiffness and general aches and pains. Magnetic fields are thought to enhance the natural process of healing, perhaps by improvement in circulation, an effect on nerve signals or a change in cells involved in healing. A national survey of 508 women in 2006, showed a significant reduction in most of the 23 menopause symptoms that were assessed when women wore the magnetic device LadyCare. No side effects whatsoever were reported.
The survey sounds pretty small but you might be one of the lucky ones.  :-\ I seem to remember others posting about taking care not to get it too close to laptops etc. as it can damage then and also saying that they got stuck to supermarket trollies!  ;D
Bette x

gilaray

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 05:46:38 PM »

There are other threads about this. I had one did nothing for me except make me stick to the supermarket trolley

paisley

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »

I tried it once but didn't do anything for me. Made me stick to the handles on the kitchen doors.
Wish it had worked though.

Christine662

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »

Hi Astolat

I said last week I had removed mine on the Monday after a year..............its back on this morning.

Sleep got progressively worse over last few nights & night sweats. I was ok for first couple of days.

It may be coincidence, but I hope it isnt & I get some sleep again in a few days. Been up since 3am yesterday & today, cant cope.

Stumpy xx

Firewalker50

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »

That's interesting Stumpy.  Will be good to know if it settles things for you again now you have started wearing it.

I guess it will be like many things - what works for one may not work for another.  We have to try things and to see if they help.

I did have one a few years ago.  Did not wear it long enough or regularly enough to make a true judgement.  Still have it somewhere I think.

Two of the women who work in our local Boots say they use it and think it is marvellous.  They do look pretty good and healthy and vibrant I have to say.  Not sure if they are on commission though  ;D   Did not get that impression at all.

Keep us informed of any changes stumpy.

Fx

Christine662

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 11:23:39 AM »

Hi Firewalker

Yes will post if things improve again (it may be coincidence, hopefully not, am shattered)

I wore it for a year with no break (not so attractive in my scanties!!) ;D

Only took it off just over a week ago (removed it as its not the most attractive thing in the world & have to wear it all night too, dont like undies on in bed really) and the last few days havent felt good, sleep issues being the worst.

Stumpy xx :)

Astolat

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:58:06 PM »

Hi to all

Took my Ladycare magnet off a couple of weeks ago as it was having no effect at all; I may try it again at some time as perhaps I didn't try it for long enough.

It was a bit of a nuisance as it didn't fit on some of my underwear. It pinged off and shot under the toilet door at the theatre a couple of weeks ago - I had to pull 'em up quick and scrabble about on the floor to find it as it was getting kicked around!   ;D

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »

:rofl:

Astolat

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »

;D
Pages: [1] 2