Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What's Everyone Eating For Christmas Dinner?  (Read 12415 times)

libby1

What's Everyone Eating For Christmas Dinner?
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »

Is it to be turkey and christmas pudding? Or something different? I tried to suggest having a picky buffet (prepared the day before  ;)) but my husband was horrified  :o

Libby
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: What's Everyone Eating For Christmas Dinner?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »

For years Mum cooked pheasant with vegies followed by plum pud with brandy sauce or cream.

Since remaining here we have had a duck with veg.; we begin the day with a slice of toast and a walk; C.mas pud with cream for lunch and our evening meal inbetween whatever we watch on TV.

Christine662

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:16:32 AM »

Turkey & pork with all the trimmings, even though its just me & OH we have to do the lot.

Have the pudding later on as am usually to stuffed to manage it till later.

Stumpy xx :)

silverlady

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »

The full Christmas Meal with all the trimmings and what is even better OH cooks the lot! it is delicious but I sometimes wish he would let me do it as mine is delicious too :) :)

One thing I am allowed to do is the gravy as OH does not like it (in all the time I have known OH I have not come to  terms with him not liking gravy ::) ::) I don't know anyone else who dose not like it)

There is only the twp of us so there is plenty left to have cold for Boxing Day, sometimes I think that meal is even better as long as there are plenty of cold roast potates left :P :P

silverlady x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:37:26 AM »

Daughter & partner are cooking our Christmas meal.  Actually a lot of it is probably already done & frozen ready for the big day.  From what I can glean, we are having spicy parsnip soup, followed by beef of some description then some fancy Gordon Ramsay steamed pudding which my daughter is making.  Will be nice to have someone do all the cooking for the change.  Hubby will miss his prawn cocktail though!   ;D ;D ;D

viv

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 02:06:47 PM »

Prawns to start, then turkey and pheasant, xmas pud and a cheese board.

A wheel barrow will then be required to wheel me away from the table.

Boxing Day is a cold buffet, my son has been doing a web site for a fishery/smoke house and he has treated us to a sea food platter which has all sorts including lobster  :D.    Mates rates I think.

A diet will be required in the New Year me thinks  ::)

Honeyb
x

san

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 04:11:26 PM »

We're cooking the turkey and DD (who we are going to) is doing all the trimmings. Mince pies and cream and triffle for pud.
Also have a gammon joint which I'll do Christmas Eve. We have cold meat mash and pickles on Boxing Day. My favourite meal  :)

shirleyp

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 04:42:12 PM »

Traditional for us, starter of continental meats, olives, mozzarella, prawns,rocket and crusty bread (as eaten at Carluccio's).
 M&S stuffed turkey crown with all the normal veg etc.
 Homemade Christmas puds, 1 traditional and one lighter made with pineapple and apricots and golden syrup.
I'm with you San, cold meat the next day is my favourite although we have jacket potatoes.
Flyaway :)

libby1

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »

Yep, the cold meat, pickles and bubble and squeak was what I fancied for Christmas Day but my hubbie had a fit  :o

Never mind, back to roast turkey that nobody feels like when they've been cooking for hours :(

Libby
x

Bette

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 05:45:07 PM »

Only 5 of us - including 2 very small eaters - so not worth doing a turkey. Roast lamb (easy to carve!) roasties, veg and real gravy (best bit!) and then a gooey chocolate dessert I got at Waitrose. Probably sausages wrapped in bacon Boxing Day (OH loves them - I usually have the sausages plain) with toms, cucumber and carrot sticks. Although I do have an M&S Duck in Orange Sauce in the fridge........
Bette x

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 06:01:50 PM »

Normal Christmas dinner here -  my sons would be most upset if I did anything different apparently! So roast turkey with stuffing, giblet gravy, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, sprouts, peas, carrots (eldest and youngest son), broad beans (central son and husband) One son likes trifle and another likes chocolate gateau and the other one likes raspberry pavlova so I reckon that I will get one of each! Nobody eats the christmas pud here although I would like one for the traditional value.

Taz x

Jenny50

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »

Turkey and all the trimmings here with trifle, gateau or Christmas pud for dessert.  One year we had a Christmas BBQ (luckily it was a bright dry day) of turkey skewers, turkey steaks, sausages wrapped in bacon,etc and we cooked chestnuts on the top of the chiminea in the garden.  We ate indoors of course.  It was the first year our son had left home so he brought a girlfriend over and asked if we could do something a little different.  It was brilliant but now we've reverted to tradition.  The downstairs stank of smoke for ages afterwards though.

Jenny X

littleminnie

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »

What a great idea Jenny, I'd love to do that. It's different. To me, Christmas dinner is just like a Sunday roast.

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »

Ooh like the sound of the seafood platter on Boxing Day Honeybun!  Yummy.  That will be nice after the Christmas turkey.

Bette

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 08:09:38 PM »

Especially when you actually live on the coast - not quite the same when you live about as far from the sea as you can get in this country!
Bette x
Pages: [1] 2 3 4