Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 67

Author Topic: What are you wearing today  (Read 161943 times)

Limpy

Re: What are you wearing today
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2015, 01:36:37 PM »

2 different outfits today.
Common to both - undies & navy 3/4 sleeve navy polo top.
The differentiating element;
1 navy scrunch fabric skirt with dullish pink sandals
2 Jeans with walking shoes

Currently back on no. 1

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »

Girls - having people watched for a few days in glorious  :sunny: it is noticeable that not many ladies are wearing suitable footwear  >:(  ::) ...... although light-weight sandals/flip flops/small shoe thingies that have a loop round the big toe  :o might look OK , in reality they are not good for either the feet, ankles or general posture.  OK for around the house or if sitting down in the cafe/pub., otherwise .......... I have watched ladies struggling to keep feet on the platform of their choosen sandal, 1 fell to the ground because her bare feet slipped sideways, causing her to lose balance.  Her ankle went over and so did she  :o ....... please wear suitable footwear for the terraine ......... terrain  :-\ ......... me, I can fall off walking boots  :D and my gait isn't stable these days.

Stelittos in Robin Hood's Bay, what's that about  ::) fortunately the Very Young Girl did decide to remove footwear as she descended ......... on the hot cobbles  :o :-X

In order to protect ankles, knees, back, neck we need to consider what we put on our paws  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »

Yes sir  ;D

I can fall over in slippers. Mind you I have always had a thing about bare feet in sandals. It has to be really warm before I get my toes out so I generally wear sandals that are not opened toed. My flip flops are for the sea and I just wear socks in the house.

Honeybun
X

Limpy

« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2015, 03:43:04 PM »

In order to protect ankles, knees, back, neck we need to consider what we put on our paws  ;)

We do need to consider what we put on our feet.

However, the "dullish pink sandals" that I mentioned in my post are; very flat; have support built in; the band around the big toe is accompanied by multiple bands fore and aft; oh, and are impossible to fall off.

There are such things as walking sandals (google "walking sandals"), first time I saw them was in New Zealand. They were being worn by a female guide who was leading a walk up a glacier  ::). It was summer though, the ice was melting!

Dulciana

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2015, 03:58:03 PM »

You are soooo right, CLKD!  When I broke my foot twelve weeks ago, it was because of slightly baggy shoes with a small-ish heel meeting a wonky piece of ground.   I often wondered if I'd have an accident in those shoes one day.  I haven't worn heeled shoes since then, in preference to flatties (pumps and low wedges, mind you!) and wear orthopedic sandals around the house.   My driving shoes are now ones with a rigid sole and have orthopedic insoles.  And between now and my concerto performance in December, that's the way it's going to stay.   
After that, I may just start to creep back in the direction of heels................... ::)

CLKD

« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2015, 04:07:56 PM »

I could never wear anything more than 1" heel  ::) ……… ballet pumps suit me better, lots of ribbon to tie them on  ;D

I can fall over fresh air I can ……..

getting_old

« Reply #246 on: June 30, 2015, 12:52:11 AM »

Since injuring my foot / toe I tend to wear trainers or Crocs, despite having a generous selection of shoes with varying heels  :-X
I'm also fond of some backless Merrells for the Winter - DH despairs when I wear them in the snow!

Oh, and unmatched undies, navy v-necked Tshirt, brown think cotton trousers

Joyce

« Reply #247 on: June 30, 2015, 07:39:10 AM »

Today, still mismatched undies. Refuse to pay £16+ for knickers to match my very expensive £35+  boulder holders.  :D Olive green tapered linen combats & a patterned short sleeve top.

As for shoes, today it's strappy flat sandals which are oh so comfy. I bought walking sandals a couple of years ago in Millets, not cheap, but great for all terrains & water. Haven't dug them out yet. My brother bought some for walking in Oz made by Keen. He swears by them.

dazned

« Reply #248 on: June 30, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »

As little as I can get away with ! It's already boiling here ,don't like it at all  :-\

littleminnie

« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2015, 08:04:57 AM »

Shorts and a vest top.

CLKD

« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2015, 10:44:49 AM »

Socks, gardening jeans with belt, light top, knickers ..........

CLKD

« Reply #251 on: July 03, 2015, 01:54:27 PM »

A long skirt  :o ……… which feels uncomfy  :-\ …….. and my thighs stick together and I feel fatter  >:( as well as nickers and a light top. 

Joyce

« Reply #252 on: July 03, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »

Hate thighs sticking together, chafing!  :-\

Grey linen trousers & grey T-shirt. Matching undies, woo-hoo! Only in that they are nude coloured.

Galadriel

« Reply #253 on: July 03, 2015, 02:06:33 PM »

Tan mini canvas mini skirt (well above the knee) and a peach scoop neck t-shirt. No matching undies today - just nude mismatched ones. And that's it - oh and a smile, as it is getting closer to wine o'clock!

honeybun

« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »

Old cut off jeans and a strappy top. I changed when I came home from mothers. I wouldn't be seen outside the garden with this on but I'm working on my tan.

Honeybun
X

Did someone mention wine o'clock .....the sun must be over the yardarm somewhere  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 67