Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: has anyone had any good results with starflower oil  (Read 77745 times)

caz

has anyone had any good results with starflower oil
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:46 AM »

hi new to the site been takeing starflower oil the last 4 days just wondered if im wasteing my time and money been haveing hot flushes for about 4 months really getting me down really itchy skin weight gain not feeling on top of the world been reading up on menopause they say exercise is good for you but how can i exercise when i dont feel good most days sex is out the window just not interested  poor hubby  feeling really fed up with myself   at the moment but glad i found this site nice to know im not alone

Jax Jones

Re: has anyone had any good results with starflower oil
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »

Poor you sounds just like myself am 49 all this started 2 years ago scanty periods, joint pain, giddiness, anxiety attacks, breast pain, itchiness, hot flushes, forgetfulness, bad mood swings the lot as well as the lack of feelin for sex (well I never was keen on it anyway) have not gone the HRT route fear the side effects also I react very badly to most medication so I have been taking (in my country it is called Primrose oil I dont know if its the same as Starflower) for the past 3 months I can vouch for it all of the above symptons are much improved I feel human once again and will continue to take it I had very bad patches on my face due to eczema all that is clearing up and my completion is almost back to normal...good luck

mandyj3

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »

Hi there
yes I can honestly say after using starflower now for about 8 weeks, I feel much better, was on HRT for 12 months but started bleeding, Doc said I had to stop HRT so went for the starflower......still have mild hot flushes but it is summer, still mild anxiety, even started thinking about sex again!!  I'm going to try and stay on this route now and who knows eventually things may return to normal-whatever that is......

carmel

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »

I had been taking starflower oil for a while and then stopped.  I've started it again recently because the hot flushes and night sweats seemed to be getting worse.  It seems to be helping but is a bit too soon to say.

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:25:32 PM »

I took starflower capsules for sore boobs last year as when I restarted HRT I was so sore.  It certainly worked.  Don't take them any more though.

Jelly Baby

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »

My breasts are very painful as a side effect of HRT I think. I'm about to take my first ever Starflower capsule now so watch this space...

Jenny50

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »

I found Evening Primrose Oil helped a lot with sore boobs when mine used to inflate and deflate like balloons just around my period time.  They used to puff up and sit on my chest like two halves of a really ripe melon and I couldn't even brush a piece of fluff off my jumper they were so sensitive.  Thank goodness they've settled down now and shrunk back to a size in proportion to my height and weight.  Back then I would rarely take off a jacket or waistcoat as I felt so topheavy.

Jenny X

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 07:50:18 AM »

My breasts are very painful as a side effect of HRT I think. I'm about to take my first ever Starflower capsule now so watch this space...

It took a few weeks Jelly Baby but it was worth it.  They have to have 250mg at least of EPO in them.

caz

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »

Thank you all will carry on takeing them and keep my fingers crossed hope they work just taken my 5th one and i dont know if im just haveing a good few days or is it mind over matter but felt a bit better but surely to soon to take effect just this dam weight at the moment carnt seem to shift it i carnt get into a regular exercise pattern cos most days i feel so rotton hard to get through the days as it is without bounceing around lol havent had sex for a while get a mad urge sometimes for a few seconds always at the wrong time lol 

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

Caz I had same problem trying to get back into the exercise habit.  It's a vicious circle isn't it.  Need to exercise to help lose weight, but no energy to do the exercise in the first place.  However, it does get better, honest!

carmel

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »

My boobs used to get really sore for a couple of weeks before a period.  I started drinking decaf coffee and tea and really noticed a massive difference.  If I took one or two cups of ordinary tea or coffee during the month the soreness was straight back and I couldn't wait for the period to come.  I don't see much difference in the taste but it is worth it for relief.

caz

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:18 AM »

hi all well i have been takeing starflower oil 1000mg  caps now and i must say feeling a whole lot better cannot believe how soon they have taken effect on me hot flushes really been mild still not sleeping really good at night but can't have everything i am over the moon and can't believe how much better i am feeling in just a short time just hope it continues just dont know weather to keep on the 1000mg or cut down to the 500mg or carry on as i am do you it would make a difference 

Eddie

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »

Hi Caz, I take 2000mg daily of Starflower oil mainly for painful breasts, have done so for months, i may at some point decrease the amount to 500 x daily. You need to take a high amount to keep it working, but it def helps, i also use full hrt, so can't comment on the other issues mentioned here. Eddie. x

Melbury

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »

I stopped taking them a few weeks ago after being on them for eight months. 

However, I rushed out and bought more today because I have been having really bad flushes and nightsweats since stopping them.

Lucky Stone

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 06:22:30 PM »

Oooh, what an interesting post. I have been considering Starflower as even with the hrt I sometimes have days when I am jittery and have the odd 'hot' feeling. My friend (who can't have hrt) takes them and says they have made a real difference and her flushes have abated. Anyway, waiting for the results of my thyroid blood test and have a GP's appointment next week to discuss so I am going to mention it to her. Glad to see that some folk are having them as well as the hrt so it would seem to be okay to take both. Thanks everyone for bringing this up.  8)
Pages: [1] 2