Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: The MM Recipe Exchange  (Read 242417 times)

bramble

Re: The MM Recipe Exchange
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »

BANANA LOAF 

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 1lb loaf tin
-sift flour, sugar and spices into a large bowl
-in another bowl mash bananas with the orange juice and add eggs and oil and mix well.
-add to the dry ingredients and mix well
-turn into prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 hour.  Test with skewer, if it comes out cleanly the loaf is ready, if not bake a further 10 mins. 
Can I just double check that it is a 1lb loaf tin and not a 2lb loaf tin. Seems a lot of flour for a 1 lb tin?
Bramble

Meggie

« Reply #151 on: April 21, 2012, 08:55:31 AM »

Crikey - it's going mad on here, everyone is putting up Recipes.

I'd better stop making Cup-Cakes and get on with something different.

Meggie

silverlady

« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »

I unashamedly pinched this from Saga magazine but it does look good!

http://www.saga.co.uk/lifestyle/food/fish/roast-cod-and-bacon-crushed-jersey-royals.aspx'smagnl=373&plac=010

silverlady x

viv

« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

No need to boil the ribs...all the flavour is left in the water.

Ribs are very cheap.....costs me less than £5 for four of us.....just look for the ones with the most meat on them.

Just do them slow.

Honeyb
x
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:10:28 PM by honeybun »

suzieQ

« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »

Chicken and Mango salad with mango salsa

For a quick easy and ( dare I say it) quite impressive lunch to share with your girl friends

1 large ready roasted chicken from supermarket ( or roast your own)
3 large very ripe mangoes
Tub of mild tomato salsa ( fresh) from supermarket
Some fresh coriander chopped small
Bowl of nice green mixed salad ( lettuce, cucumber, avocado, rocket etc)

Maybe some lovely crusty bread

Strip off all chicken meat from the carcass in largish pieces and lay on a platter
Peel and slice  2 mangoes and add to the platter among the chicken pieces.
Peel and dice 3rd mango and mix with tub of salsa and add coriander.
Trickle this over the chicken and mango artistically - decorate with some coriander sprigs and a little rocket.

Serve with the salad and bread - and lots of wine!

This is a winner- tasty, quite elegant, very healthy and not too fattening if you miss out the bread !

Hannah1

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »

I always do my spare ribs in the slow cooker Loveydovey in a little of the sauce and then when they are cooked, I put more sauce on them and finish off in the oven for 15 mins to caramalise them if you like them like that.  The meat just melts in your mouth this way.

Hannah

Hannah1

« Reply #156 on: April 28, 2012, 12:04:33 PM »

Hi Ladies

Has anyone tried baking biscuits and cakes using olive oil or low fat spreads and also using replacement sugar such as Truvia?  If so can you tell me if it works - do the cakes/biscuits taste like cakes and biscuits still?  Am looking to lose some weight and lower cholesterol/glucose etc.

Would appreciate any recipes or being pointed in the right direction

Hannah

san

« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »

I've made a suet bacon roll for tomorrows dinner. It's sitting in the fridge and will go into the pressure cooker when I get home from work .... 45 mins later ready. Just the food for this weather  :D

ariadne

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »

I make Meggie's Mum's biscuits twice a week now (Ginger variety) as my son and husband love them and take them to work. I do have one myself from time to time of course  :ange:

Today I thought I would try and make chocolate chip biscuits using the same recipe. However, they have turned out to be chocolate, choc chip cookies because for some reason my brain did not tell me that if I stirred the choc chips into the mixture right after taking the saucepan off the heat, they would melt  ::) So I baked the now chocolately mixture and then pushed some choc chips into each biscuit once I had taken them out of the oven.

A rather odd way to make choc chip biccies but do you know what....they are really yummy and I've already eaten FOUR!

Thank You Meggie  :thankyou:

ariadne xx

Meggie

« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2012, 05:48:32 PM »

Ariadne - try the buscuits with a tabkespoon if dessicated coconut and chopped glace cherries - they turn out slightly thinner (because of the oil in the coconut) but it's another alternative .... I daren't make them at the moment because I am trying to lose weight.  If you try this variety, let me know what you think.

Meggie

ariadne

« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2012, 07:40:22 PM »

Hi Meggie, I don't like coconut  ;) and my son has asked me to carry on making my muddled choc chip variety as he really liked them. Yesterday I made the usual ginger variety and pushed the choc chip bits in just after the biscuits came out of the oven. I thought they were nice but son still wants the muddled ones where the chocolate melted into the mixture and then I pushed choc chips into the biscuits.

I'm also trying to lose weight and it's very hard. I do allow myself one or two biscuits a day though! Very hard to resist them when they are still warm.

I really like this method of making biscuits because you don't have to cream together the sugar and butter which I always find a pain. Its so easy just to melt it together with the syrup  :)

ariadne xx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2012, 01:49:40 PM »

Here's the recipe for Tropical Rice dessert which I've been making for years.

http://www.whitworths.co.uk/recipes/recipe_page?recipe_id=1299&sort_by=Alphabetical&keyword=tropical

Hannah

« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »

I've only read the first five posts and already I'm mentally in the kitchen of my own free will!!! Thanks Mrs P and everyone else for sharing their favourite recipes with us....I will be back with news of success!  ;D

Hannah x

Meggie

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »

Friends are coming over this evening and I will be serving:-

Tarte Alsace with Salad
Ham cooked in Mustard Sauce with veggies from the garden (Potatoes and Fennell)
Profiteroles

Very basic really but I didn't want to be in the kitchen all day.

You Ladies got any nice Recipes for me to try out?

Meggie

Hannah1

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2012, 02:37:31 PM »

Hi Meggie

I love Fennell too - how do you cook it though?  I have had it raw in salads but have never cooked it.

Hannah
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21