Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: The MM Recipe Exchange  (Read 245949 times)

Meggie

Re: The MM Recipe Exchange
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »

Ooh, they sound nice, really fancy making some. Presume that they work with butter rather than marg? How many do you get from that recipe?
Bette x

Hi Bette - the recipe makes 24 or thereabouts.  I've never used butter to make them but I don't see why it shouldn't work - let me know.

Meggie

coffee mate

« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2011, 03:14:29 PM »

Mmmm. I can smell those cookies from here Meggie. I'm definitely going to have a go at baking them before Friday.  Can't possibly fit it in before then. -  I mean -  What about MM?  ;D

Meggie

« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »

LADIES - URGENT - BEFORE YOU MAKE THE COOKIES

MY MUM'S RECIPE JUST SAYS GAS MARK 5 - I USE 150 DEGREES ON MY FAN OVEN

GOOD LUCK AND SORRY

Megie

silverlady

« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »

Meggie my mum use to make biscuits with the same recipe, I even remember the biscuit tin they were stored in, and sneaking them :)

silverlady x

Almost forgot the best bit, scraping out the bowl and auguing with my brother whose turn it was :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:01:45 PM by silverlady »

Meggie

« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2011, 06:45:06 PM »

Ladies - I've modified the recipe so no-one gets confused.

Meggie

Meggie

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »

I just go for Tesco or another brand - not the Expensive one in the green tin

Meggie

bramble

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »

Gas Mark 5 is equivalent to 190Deg C (or 170 deg C for a fan oven). :)

ariadne

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2011, 08:20:50 PM »

Well mine were a bit of a disaaaaaaaster darlings! I made them into teaspoon size balls as I thought they would spread out but they didn't so are more like tiny macaroons. I made another batch with dessert size balls but they didn't spread out either although they look a better size. Was I meant to flatten them into biscuit shapes?

They taste yummy though  ;D

ariadne xx

Bette

« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »

They sound like mine, Ariadne! Didn't spread and took about 20 mins at 150 Fan. I thought it might be because I used butter or because my Bicarb was a bit old! They taste ok though! Thought that they'd spread right out like Anzac biscuits which I've made in the past, so used two baking sheets but realise now that they would have fitted on one. Will see what OH's verdict is later but I'm happy to eat them all if he doesn't like them!
Bette x

ariadne

« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »

I used butter as well and my bicarb was new. My mixture was rather firm so maybe if it had been a bit sloppier they would have spread out. Prepared to have another go though once I've eaten all these  ;D

ariadne xx

Meggie

« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »

LADIES - It's nice to hear that you've made the biscuits but I'm sorry that not everyone has had a success.

A suggestion - the mix needs to be soft so that when you roll it into walnut size balls it becomes glossy.  It is possible that you need slightly more syrup.  I usually heat my spoon over the gas burner and immediately spoon out a full DESERTSPOON of syrup into the saucepan - there will be no residue left on the spoon doing it this way.  The 'mixl' will rise slightly on cooking and then 'crack' and spread.

I think it's a shame you've not all been successful - mine have on occasion been like macaroons too but if you decide to try again, let me know how you get on.

Happy Baking and so sorry I keep making mistakes - a bit of a meno head of late !!

Meggie
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:13:45 AM by Meggie »

ariadne

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »

Ah, I have re-read the recipe and see where I went wrong. My mixture wasn't sloppy because I creamed together the butter, sugar and syrup instead of melting it  Doh!

I will polish off this lot and have another go  ;D

ariadne xx

Bette

« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »

Aha - full tablespoon of syrup - that's it - the original recipe said dessertspoon - I did wonder at the time! Mine didn't become glossy but seemed a bit dry. Still taste nice though - and OH thinks so too!
Bette x

Meggie

« Reply #118 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:25 AM »

Bette - When you next make the Cookies, let me know if they work out OK.

Meggie

ariadne

« Reply #119 on: December 27, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »

I've made them twice since my first attempt failed due to me forgetting the recipe on the way from laptop to kitchen  ;D

They are super and so easy. My son loves them and today my granddaughter helped me make a batch and she loved them too. We both loved them warm. I made the ginger version.

Thank you Meggie
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21