Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Contemplation Corner  (Read 48618 times)

larkrise

Contemplation Corner
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »

For all of us who are missing loved ones just now, post a tribute to them here.  It really does help.

It does not necessarily have to be a chat thread, just somewhere to leave our thoughts.

For my mum, the Queen of my Heart.  I love you and miss you.  Sweet Memories

Bex

Re: Contemplation Corner
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »

I would just like to post the first verse of my Dad's favourite song which he used to sing to me every time I left his flat.  I can still hear you Daddy. Love you best.

Arriverderci, Roma
Goodbye, goodbye to Rome
City of a million moon lit faces
City of a million warm embraces
Where I found the one of all the faces
Far from home

Arriverderci, Roma
It's time for us to part

spursgal11

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 01:03:45 PM »

To little Davey, who will be paying football with the angels in heaven.

Never forgotten little man. :'(

terriw

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 03:37:08 PM »

To Mum and Dad

I miss you both so much.

When I'm out in the garden I think of you Dad and how much you'd have loved advising and helping me out.......remember when I was little and used to "help" you in the garden by gathering up all the worms before I'd let you dig anywhere....

When I see an old film with your favourites, Judy Garland, James Cagney, Gary Cooper etc. (so many more) I remember us watching them together, you always knew all the gossip, who'd been married to who and who'd had affairs with who etc. etc.
When I'm cooking Mum and forget a recipe......you never needed them.

sweet, sweet memories  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »

I don't miss my Dad much but last night whilst watching the Emperor Piano Concerto on BBC4 I shed a few tears inwardly - he taught me to listen to classical music properly and we whistled tunes as we travelled miles in his Austin 7 ......... I would take the solo instrument and he would do the orchestra ......

viv

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 04:54:21 PM »

For my dad, the best a girl could ever want...its been 30years now but I never forget. And for my little girl who is sitting at her Papas side. She would have been 18 this month, I never really got to know you but you have a special place in my heart.

Honey
 :'(

harem77

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »

For my dad and little brother,
Miss you both so much, our lives have changed forever, but as i promised you dad i am looking after mum so much, she misses you everday. I hope you know we visit you every week. Your loving daughter and sisterxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Margarett

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »

For my lovely Grandma, who died the day my first baby was born, all those years ago. Always there in my heart.

Eddie

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »

For my naughty bull terrier, Bridgie, gone so not forgotten. Never had i seen a nature like it, gets into all your hidden areas and never lets go. Her last days were awful and i always will feel very guilty about that. Soon i will post something for my Dad, but can't think what to say, trying not to get hung up right now. Need to pack for holiday, but i'm sure he'd understand? Love and miss him. Eddie. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »

You pack for the holiday!  Sit on a hilltop and shout 'hey Dad, we're here!'  ;)

Rosebush

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 05:43:32 PM »

My Nan who i loved so much..xxx

lubi loo

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »

Thinking of my mum who died in May  after ten years diagnosed with alzheimers and a few depressed years before that dealing with my dads death, which she never got over...Why did it take me 50yrs to do as i was told and realise she was a wise loving woman and not just "mum"
She died at home with all support available ,her death was peaceful and she floated away like a butterfly at the end.

Cazikins

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 12:55:34 AM »

For my dear old Mum - AKA the Duchess who passed away 05/02/05.

For my very special mate J, who died of bowel cancer at the age of 50 last year. She was a dog lover & loved her JRT. So sorry I couldn't attend your funeral J, but I think of you everyday  :'( & I miss our late night emails. xxx

viv

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »

Just my own thought for today.

It would have been my daughters 18th birthday today. I would loved to have seen her grow up into the beautiful young woman she would have been.

Always in my thoughts even after all these years.

Honeyb
x

charliegirl

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »

Bless you all for this,  for my mum and dad who both pased away far too early and never saw my sons grow up.
charliexxx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11