Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Good & bad points about giving up smoking.  (Read 98165 times)

Lozz

Re: Good & bad points about giving up smoking.
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »

aww hope you survived the urge... you have done so well dont give in now... you would be so cross with yourself. You have come so far  :)
I am off work with a sore throat n the normally aches that go with the coldy virus... and havent thought about cigs that much... as a smoker, as ill as I would feel, I would still have the odd smoke... crazy...  am pleased with myself struggle now and then but know this will go eventually.
Miss the one after my dinner the most but as Alan Carr states in his book... that one is no different to the others in the box its made of the same crap as all the others so why should it be so special ... hmmm  :-\
Am still using my patches, looking foward to the day that I forget to put one on as I havent thought about it  ;D .... probably a little way off yet

Well done to everyone who has quit :-*

Cazikins

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2011, 12:42:31 AM »

We are all doing so well girls.  :clapping: :clapping:
We have been tempted by certain situations etc... but we haven't given in & that is a MASSIVE PLUS.

but as Alan Carr states in his book... that one is no different to the others in the box its made of the same crap as all the others so why should it be so special ... hmmm  :-\
I started to read Alan Carr's book (no not the comedian, someone else) before giving up smoking. He made a lot of sense but I was not ready for it. He does make a lot of sense Lozz. Fags are full of harmful chemicals that can do so much damage...

I REALLY NEED A FAG RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! Help me!!! :cuss: :bang:

Oh blimey annifanny, I do hope you survived matey  :hug:. I know how it feels but you can get through it - just take a step back, remove yourself from the room & re-think. Focus on something completley different & hopefully you will get through it.

Love Cazikins xxx
 :cat48: :cat48:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:45:10 AM by Cazikins »

Taz2

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »

Love post Cazi - glad you are still doing so well  :foryou:

terriw

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2011, 09:14:45 PM »

Well, a week on and we're only talking when necessary, still in seperate beds. I think we need to have a really good talk, clear the air....

I'm still not smoking though......believe me I've been SO tempted this week. BUT I'm not going to let HIM be the cause of my downfall!!!!!

>:( >:(

Lozz

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:20 PM »

Annifanny how you doing ? I hope everything is sorted out and you are back on speaking terms... and you never gave in and had a ciggy... shows how determined you are as if you wasnt you would of used the row for the excuse to have a smoke... yep have done that before... almost waited for something to go wrong just so I could have one... not this time.. since quitting I have found out I am being made redundant within the next couple of months... I was so near to having a smoke.. so near... but then thought ... not going to be able to afford it if I have no job so whats the point... also to go through those first couple of weeks again when I decide to quit again ... aww no thanks ... so still not had one since 17th January ... also still no chocolate and no alcohol either !! god I sound sooo boring .. ha ha.... still on my patches n think I will be for some time yet

really hope you are ok .. havent been on the forum for a few days so only just seen your post here

terriw

« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 09:55:59 PM »

Lozz, well done you for hanging on in there despite all the $hit going on for you.....keep it up  :)

I've not weakened yet, hardly believe it myself. Still not talking much with OH, still in seperate beds......I keep thinking "RIGHT, lets have a good talk" but then I just sneak off to bed with my book...just can't be bothered to try now... :argue: :rant:

Well done all you brave girls....keep strong!!  :hug:

Suzi Q

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 06:28:39 AM »

Fantastic to all the ladies who are beating the ciggies
I smoke but I dont have 1 sometimes till miday even later
Never have one when I get up I really only smoke in the evenings
Yet I get through 15 a day?
Do I want to give up to be honest NO not yet
I have so much shite and worry over things that giving up at the moment hold no attraction for me
ood thing about NON smoking places is that when I go out at night I may only leave the Pub/Rest for a couple of ciggies entire night
I normaly have 1 before I go in then say have a couple during the evening maybe 3 if its a long night
Before in Pubs it would be one after another go out with 20 come back with 2
I know its bad for you but so is alcahol far worse in fact as it affects more than just YOU
Drink causes poverty violence Divorce DUD loss of work heart attacks strokes diabtease liver damage kidney failure cancer
I lo0st my baby bro to the drink not the weed we accept drink as socially acceptable and yes I know the speach
Most people are sensible drinkers maybe they are but if you have a couple of glasses a wine in the evenings every evening
YOU HAVE A PROBLEM everyone should have at least 2 free days clear after having a few drinks if you cant you have a problem
Like smoking it is an addicitve thing and people should be far more tolerant and understanding
I always say light up a ciggie and its as if your a mass murderer yet spew up after getting drunk and people laugh they dont get it!

coffee mate

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 09:05:39 AM »

:clapping: :clapping:  "HERE-HERE"  I'm in absolute agreement Suzi.
CM xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »

Bloody Hell
thanks Coffee its so rare for someone to say I agree or yes your abso right
My lovely baby brother light of my life I will NEVER get over his death BOOZE so socially acceptable
Hey hes a great fella as he knocked back the booze that killed him fell in to the road one more than 10 ocassions
People never think drink can cause so many illnesses he was 47 been drinking since he was 14 (we booze younger in England)
My Dad took him out with him from 16 going out on a Friday with Dad for a drink or 5 and everyone knew everyone seemed to do it
We  migrated to Ozz took we took our son out on his 18th bought him his first legal drink Bobbles said I will buy you your first
After that you buy your own now we knew hed drank before we bloody did in Pubs at 15 in UK
Bobbles had seen my Dad with my brother It had made him think twice there was only 4 years between Bobbles and our John
I do think with my brother it was genetic even so having a Dad who encouraged him didnt help at all probably made him worse
Noit a real man unless you drink Bobbles gets that now from most of my male family members when we go home to Cheshire
They dont get it that yes he likes a beer and yes he loves his wine but getting pissed as a newt at 55 no way Jose
I know this is slightly diff to Ozz where its constantly discouraged to drink under 18 but after that go ahead fill your boots
Vommit every weekend NOW you can drink so do drink to PROVE your a real man
I wish more people could see the results of booze many of my pals give me grief about smoking while they are getting pissed onwine They think its normal to have a glass or 2 Sun to Thur then Friday and Saturday drink a bottle a night and sometimes more
Yet Im the baddie who goes down to the bottom of the garden well out of anyones way while they are sluring their words !!!!!!

coffee mate

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »

Totally agree Suzi.
My cousin started drinking at 14, was going in pubs with her dad  every Saturday night, then it went to sundays and so on.
She is a real alci now shes 57, and 3 of her kids were born with soo many problems, mentally and physically!
I think its a crime to let people keep having kids who wont even  try to stop getting pissed while they are pregnant....every time I think of her kids Suzi I could cry, and of course her 2 eldest are going down the same road. Tragic!  I cant even look at her, I really hate her for what she has done, oh yeah as I said shes 57 and looks about 70! There's another side affect of the booze! With smoking your only hurting youself, with alcohol you leave so many victims. I think its a BIG problem in this country now, and is the reason for so many of the problems we have.
CM xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2011, 02:10:18 PM »

I think so too I wouldnt say for one moment that smoking not a bad thing it is its YUK
Even me who smokes I dont like sitting next to someone whos permo smoking away BUT
Id prefer that to sitting as I often do next to people at a rest or at a BBQ getting smashed
You cant hold a conversation with them
They get argumentative or lovey want to hold you (sod off) to me they smell as horrible as people who dont smoke say smokers do
The ruination of lives through drinking though is worse
I heard on the Radio here 4BC It was before Xmas that more money is actually spent on drink related health and social issues
Is 2 billion more than smoking and now Obesity is the major cause of sickness and death and the most exy here in Ozz
Ok I grant you its probably cos heaps of people have given up smoking and thats bloody brilliant
Like to see the anti drinking Lobby become now as powerful as ASH is and start on making Booze as socialy unaceptable as smoking
It may take another 20 years or so but lets face it whod have thought even in 1999 no smoking in pubs or any where by 2006

Suzi Q

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2011, 02:14:11 PM »

Totally agree Suzi.
My cousin started drinking at 14, was going in pubs with her dad  every Saturday night, then it went to sundays and so on.
She is a real alci now shes 57, and 3 of her kids were born with soo many problems, mentally and physically!
I think its a crime to let people keep having kids who wont even  try to stop getting pissed while they are pregnant....every time I think of her kids Suzi I could cry, and of course her 2 eldest are going down the same road. Tragic!  I cant even look at her, I really hate her for what she has done, oh yeah as I said shes 57 and looks about 70! There's another side affect of the booze! With smoking your only hurting youself, with alcohol you leave so many victims. I think its a BIG problem in this country now, and is the reason for so many of the problems we have.
CM xx

IM sorry what an awful thing for you her and her kids drink is a bad thing for so many people but society wont accept that yet why
Cos societys run by men and men drink here in Ozz they dont smoke anything like the men in Europe
Group of about 50 people BIKERS only people who smoke are the women on Trivia nights Im the only one who smokes out of 25

coffee mate

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2011, 02:53:59 PM »

I wish I could stop smoking, I really do, as you say it IS bad for us, but I would still rather sit next to a smoker at a "do" than someone who is so pissed he doesnt know his arse from his elbow...and the next day they don't have a bloody clue about how they made a real show of themselves. For me its a no brainer, as you said Suzi, if they can do it with the smoking they can do it with alcohol! x

Stella_al

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »

Sorry been away......reading Allan Carr, settling into my hrt, busy with work (might be losing my job tx to cuts ) so now may not be a good time to say.......

Have booked an appt with hypnotherapist for tomorrow  :'( :'( :'(

Tried puffing on my efag this evening + all I could think about was..................FAGS

Oooooooh - feel scared.......how will I survive without them ??? ??? I know i know it sounds daft but.......

Think I need hypno to give me the confidence to go to the therapist  :o :o
Think I need a drink (sorry cant do beer as well).....what have I done ?

There is life after isnt there ?

My bl**dy mate said "Oooooh Al, wont it be good not to want a fag"

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Wish me luck - or help me chicken out  ;)

Bette

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2011, 07:54:24 PM »

Good luck - you can do it! Got to be worth it - but you know that really, don't you?
Sorry to hear about your job.  :'(
I had hypno and found it much better than expected - very relaxing, still listen on my i-pod every night to help me to get to sleep.
Keep posting - start a topic each time you want a you-know-what!  ;D
Bette x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13