Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Good & bad points about giving up smoking.  (Read 98163 times)

Stella_al

Re: Good & bad points about giving up smoking.
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2011, 07:01:54 PM »

For the brave ones and the tempted and the "Have to"s

Just to keep you up to date....

Had a web chat with an NHS advisor......explained I was finding even the thought tough and she basically said " You must want to" and that was that.....cheers mate LOL  :bang: :bang: :bang:

So had a google + found a fab site , full of proper "normal" people, some struggling, some going through it, some have got over it, some just living day to day, trying to make their life better, all gone through bad stuff but sharing it all, and all of them lovely, non judgemental, funny + friendly (remind you of any other sites ?  ;) ;) ;) ;)  )

Have told them about you guys and your fab support + I'm gonna put a link to here.  :D :D

Loads of advice n stuff......my fav was:

"For every fag you dont have you're making inroads"

Now thats proper advice, if you're listening NHS  :peace:

Al xx
PM me if you want the link

Cazikins

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 11:38:57 PM »

Come on girls, we can do it.
We know it isn't going to be easy, & yes you do have to have will power, & yes you do have to be in the right frame of mind - but if you can get to that place YOU WILL DO IT.

My last fag was 24th September 2010. Patches helped a great deal, I still do often have the "urge" to light up & take a deep drag but I know if I did I would hate myself for doing so. The "urge" goes after a few seconds because I think how awful I would feel if I gave in & also how far I have come. 

For me there will never be a substitute for cigarettes, it is (hopefully) a part of my life that is over. Yes it was enjoyable but I knew it would probably kill me in the end or give me some awful cronic lung disease.

Take each day at a time. Every day when you get up say to yourself "today I have decided not to smoke", it helped me.

Good Luck All.

Love Cazikins xxx
 :cat48: :cat48:

Lozz

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 07:40:49 PM »

I am on my 6th day of not smoking and wanted to share it with you all.... I am under the nurse for non smoking and have got patches and an inhaler (only tried that a couple of time and only have one capsul in it probably puffing air and all the the mind that it helps but dont care  ::) )

Probably not best time to start giving up as found out on Tuesday we are going to be made redundant in a couple of months... so after 13 years at same job will be awful.... also with the meno... so no job ... no fags... and concurring the meno all at once... I will deserve a medal if I come out the other end  ;D was going to put the non smoking off for a coupe of weeks but then thought ... will there ever be a good time ... and when I havent got a job will need all my money so wont be able to afford it so gotta go for it now !

wish me luck  :)

Bette

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »

Good luck, Lozz and sorry to hear about your job.  :hug: Will you get a decent settlement to tide you over while you look for something else?
Bette x

Cazikins

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 01:30:36 AM »

As a smoker, it's never a good time to give up smoking Lozz, but the fact that you are contemplating & going through with it  8) it is a definate PLUS. :)

Just take 1 day at a time & you will get through it. It isn't going to be easy, but you  will get there.

xx

Harrys-girl

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »

Hi Lozz

I'm so sorry about your job, giving up smoking is very difficult but you can do this sweetheart. If it helps when I gave up it saved me £180.00 per month.

xx

Cazikins

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2011, 12:48:41 AM »

Bloody Hell - I nearly cracked today... :beat: :beat:

I can't believe it, I actually thought about how much I was missing the old weed... that first drag, the way it hits your lungs...  ::)

But then I remembered how bloody hard it was to get me to where I am today.

Come on Cazi you can do this. I may have hit a brick wall but I have not stumbled.

I will get there - I will bloody beat it.

It will NOT beat me.
xxx

Bette

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »

Well done you  :congrats: :ola: :clapping: :parti:
Just remember all the reasons you gave up - life has got to be better without it!
Bette x

Stella_al

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 07:29:54 PM »

Come on Cazikins !!!

Keep going Gal !

You;ve broken the back of it now!!!  :party09:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Loz - hope you still holding on too  :D

Keep going my brave ladies - will need your support soon  ;)

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Al xx

Eddie

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »

And lets not forget Neicsey, you know you need to do it. xx Eddie. x

welshsue

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »

Well done love ;D i gave up last july and its bloody hard isnt it?but well worth it,keep it up!x

terriw

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »

11 weeks now. Been doing fine but OH was a pain in the arse today. I was SO tempted!!!  Luckily I don't have any to hand and the moment has passed now. >:( ;D

Cazikins

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2011, 12:30:32 AM »

11 weeks now. Been doing fine but OH was a pain in the arse today. I was SO tempted!!!  Luckily I don't have any to hand and the moment has passed now. >:( ;D

Well done annifanny  :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
It does get easier & the moment does pass.

I'm quite surprised that I haven't felt the need to light up since going back to work - I really thought that if I was put under a bit of stress I might give in but I haven't.

I do feel a lot better health wise - I don't have the hacking smokers cough anymore but I do wish I could lose some of the weight that I have gained (almost a stone)  :rant:
What is so annoying is the fact that smoking causes heart disease,(so I gave it up)  8)  being overweight causes heart disease - but giving up smoking has made me put on weight.  :rant:. I can honestly say that apart from the first 6 - 8 weeks I have not been eating anymore then I did whilst smoking. In fact it is a lot less,so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.  :sigh:

Anyway Ladies, we are all doing bloody brilliant so keep up the good work.

Love Cazi xxx
 :cat48: :cat48: :cat48:

Lozz

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 11:09:16 PM »

;D.....21 days me and OH have quit for a  saving of £210.00... amazing
I havent had chocolate since the day I quit either as that makes me want a ciggy so am saving on all that aswell... not sure what I miss most ha ha... not had a beer either yet just cannot risk it... maybe another month or two...  so I am depriving myself of smokes, chocolate and beer .. I deserve a medal I think and going though the Meno and waiting for my redundancy date...hmmm maybe two medals..... :o :'(

well done to all fellow non smokers... we can do this .... ;D

terriw

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2011, 11:01:38 AM »

hey Lozz, hang on in there. You've already proved you're a strong person!!

Had a big row with OH last night. Would you believe we were assembling a new bed that had just been delivered. He was cursing and swearing (as usual) I got peed off and told him to grow up, he said to me "get used to it"!  :cuss: :argue: :cuss: :bang: arsehole...it's been 20 years for heavens sake.....Like I wouldn't be used to it!!! :cuss: :cuss:

he slept in the spare room last night and has avoided me all day. We have guests for a meal tonight too......

I REALLY NEED A FAG RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! Help me!!! :cuss: :bang:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13