Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 85582 times)

Scampi

Re: Noise
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2017, 10:17:39 AM »

Apples, celery, chompy chewy sweets and anything with a crunch should be banned from offices - and anywhere else I can't escape them!!!  I'm pretty sure I have a mild form of misophonia (means I react badly to sounds that most people wouldn't even notice).  I want to inflict pain on people eating noisy foods (or eating noisily in general) - and I'm surrounded at work by a never-ending stream of apple-munchers and celery-chompers, liberally interspaced by those crunching anything they can shove in their mouths with noises like a pig with a lump of coke  >:( >:(  I'm going to kill someone before home-time today.  The woman across the desk from me doesn't chomp or slurp when she eats (unlike the guy who sits behind me), but grazes all day on anything with a crunch - it's driving me insane.  Yesterday, I had to leave the floor or I would have said something I'd have regretted, and all the poor woman was doing was eating a small bag of almonds!!  I really don't like wearing earphones, but I might have to resort to it today as I seem to be more sensitive than usual - and 'usual' is bad enough.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #196 on: July 24, 2017, 08:34:49 AM »

........ a few weeks ago there were 9 dogs barking locally  :bang: it was like 101 Dalmatians  >:( this morning there's 1 but I haven't located it yet.  One day I will .......  :-X

Ju Ju

« Reply #197 on: July 24, 2017, 09:00:25 AM »

I love the sound of children playing happily. Our neighbour kept apologising for their noise and I kept telling her to stop worrying!

Not so happy with her hubby's loud music on hot summers days. Wouldn't be so bad if I liked his choice of music!

It gets noisy here when our GS comes. DH and GS together is a noisy combination!

Not so happy with the constant yapping from the little dog the other side. Day and night. Somehow escapes into our garden and leaves deposits. At least the neighbour has tried to sort that out, but the escape route remains a mystery!

CLKD

« Reply #198 on: July 24, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »

Could it be a fox?  They can climb ;-)

Ju Ju

« Reply #199 on: July 24, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »

Oh we see the little ******** doing its business! She doesn't look remotely like a fox! She doesn't like being hosed though!

CLKD

« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2017, 12:57:41 PM »

:o ....... it's not her fault that she finds her way through  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #201 on: July 24, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »

It is cruel.  She may be deaf/blind or a bit wobbly - would you like it?

Cazikins

« Reply #202 on: July 24, 2017, 01:20:31 PM »

.  She may be deaf/blind or a bit wobbly

But wasn't she able to get through from next door though  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2017, 01:23:15 PM »

You obviously have had a blind dog!  Ours followed her nose  ;) .......... blind and deaf as long as furniture wasn't moved and the field gate was left open, she lived 3 years quite happily and somehow, knew what time to turn up at the kitchen for her dinner  ;D

Cazikins

« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »

I had 1 JRT who went blind in both eyes which was funny went mother had the ironing board up in the lounge on a Sunday night, & another one that went deaf which had it's good points when firework night came around.  :)
My dear little JRT seems to have all faculties a.t.m., she is 12 years old & apart from a few benign lumps all is ok.

CLKD

« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »

JRs are feisty enough to find their way round, a little growl will move most things, but probably not an ironing board  :D

Ju Ju

« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2017, 06:11:48 PM »

The dog is not blind or deaf! She is also agile and ran back through the hedge to wherever the hole is. When I pointed the hose at her. Safer than running out in the road. She's a couple of years old. And yaps and yaps and yaps and yaps. I'm fed up with being woken up at a late hour when she's sent out for toileting and then early in the morning. I'm not a dog owner, so have no idea if training would be effective. Surely she must drive her owner nuts as well. He is, by the way, a very sweet man. It is wearing.

Ju Ju

« Reply #207 on: July 25, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »

That's the problem! Neither we or our neighbour can locate the hole. We have a laurel hedge between us and our neighbour has installed a wire fence on his side. The dog is tiny, so can get through smaller holes than perhaps you would think possible. Waits until no one is looking though!

When I was a student, I worked for a family looking after the children. They had a husky type of dog. The garden had a 6' fence, yet the dog still escaped and was seen observing the green cross code crossing the very busy road on a zebra crossing!

CLKD

« Reply #208 on: July 25, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »

All dogs can be trained.  ;-).  As for the yapping, you have my sympathy  :-\ - a couple take their yappers out every morning at 5.30 B4 they go to work  :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »

I stood in our garden at 8.30 B4 it began to rain and listened: not a noise other than my heart beating  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20