News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 85519 times)

Pammie

Re: Noise
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2010, 07:32:39 PM »

Dede, if you were beside me here I would give you a big hug!  I hope you will share further about how you are coping - and on the days that you feel you cannot cope I hope you will come on here and let us know. 

Please take good care of yourself.

Love,
Pam xx

Dede

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2010, 08:03:22 PM »

Thank you Pam. I sincerely hope the problems with your neighbours are sorted out soon.
Best wishes Dede x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »

Oh Dede when something happens so suddenly and with tinnitus as well  >:(  :hug:

However this morning a pavement is being lowered opposite our house.  2 new builds are already there, but it's a continual machine with man in charge knocking out .......... plus the sounds from the building site behind our property.  Plus the wheelbarrow next door which has a squeeky wheel ....... put the kettle on someone  :'(

AND now there's a dog barking; and the men using these machines are shouting at each other rather than switching off the damned machines  :cuss:  off to find barking dog with large bucket of water!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:33:39 AM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2011, 01:31:45 PM »

for 2 and a  half hours our neighbour has had both Landrovers running continually ...... he hasn't had the bonnets up, he's been taking down out-side decorations  >:( it's driving me MAD .... he's the type to moan about the added VAT and how much diesal has gone up in price  :argue: is there a Law which covers continual engine running?

Meg

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »

CLKD

I am so sorry to hear about these engines.  I get so stressed about noise, I think it must be a meno symptom, I just seem hyper-sensitive to it now.  All that I crave is peace and quiet for my frazzled nerves but some people are so loud and inconsiderate.  Car doors banging, children who dont seem to know how to talk without shouting.  One thing that gets me down are people who have this awful banging beat on their car radios, I cant possibly regard it as music it would drive me insane.  Today I heard that my local supermarket is going to have major building alterations and I thought, 'Oh No'.  I go when it is relatively peaceful and empty so any banging there if going to drive me nuts, but the staff are so nice!

Meg

Suzi Q

« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2011, 06:05:19 AM »

Poor you Dede so sorry it must be horrible
Hearing is so important we dont realise how much till its not there
MUMS hearing went very bad with her stroke she was so angry
With us though its also Genetic Im hard of hearing sos Hubbie sos Son
We are the neighbours you dont want we play MUSIC AND TV DEAD LOUD good job we live in a detached house
BIG HUGS
SUZI Q :-*

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2011, 09:18:04 AM »

Someone is cutting down trees.  Someone else is reversing a fork-lift truck, constantly; lorries keep turning up with roof struts on ......  :'(   :rant: I can't stand it any longer!

terriw

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »

is it a meno thing? That explains it then.
I have two friends, a couple. Love them to bits but they both talk VERY loud and a lot! If I spend an evening in their company I end up with the most awful headache.

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2011, 12:29:55 PM »

I know someone who is a teacher and she comes home talking very LOUDLY  ::)

Harrys-girl

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »

I hate noise. I went to my brothers last night...the TV was blasting, the kids were shouting, my SIL and brother were having 2 conversations. What a nightmare environment.

Went home...DH sat reading on the sofa with soft music playing in the background. Bliss.

I have always been very sensitive to noise, so can not blame the meno for that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:42:02 PM by Harrys-girl »

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »

My b in L and his wife have the radio on loudly in the kitchen, they have the TV on loudly in the lounge and then wonder why Iread!  I can't be bothered to compete  ::)  ....... another reason why I don't like staying there  :-\

Builders must be at lunch, no fork lift noises .........

Taz2

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »

Ummm - as I sit here I have my music playing on Spottify, the radio is on in the kitchen (I left it on) the tv is on quite loudly in the living room (husband has gone out and left it on) and my son is playing a computer game in his bedroom while talking noisily to the other players through the microphone/headphones. I can't imagine living in a quiet house after 30 years of parenting.

I have just turned the tv off and the radio and stopped my spottifying - spookily quiet apart from son through the floorboards.

Not sure I  like it...

Taz x  :D

viv

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 10:27:14 PM »

After a day in the city (Glasgow) I love the peace and quiet of the countryside/coast where we live. I love the sound of the sea and the wind, but I hate traffic noise.
I am not a city girl, it would send me mad in weeks.  ;D

Honey
X

Misty

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2011, 03:51:01 PM »

I've also noticed my hearing has become very acute - unfortunately mainly when I am trying to get to sleep.  Somebody on another thread commented that she could "hear a fly fart in the next room" - that is me!  I have also developed extremely itchy ears :(

Eddie

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2011, 04:08:40 PM »

I've noticed my hearing getting dull, thinking about trying some ear drops for wax first. Eddie. x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20