• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Noise
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2019, 02:21:28 PM »

Deaf = lack of noise  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2019, 04:35:38 PM »

The response was "We have to work with it, continually" ........ actually there is probably a Law that says that workers cannot be maddened by constant music.  I have decided that when I want to browse and make decisions I will ask for the racket to be switched off  ;)

I switched off the skiing commentary earlier due to background noise.

CLKD

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2019, 04:17:41 PM »

:D

Two hoots

« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2019, 06:02:50 PM »

Our doctors surgery will not syringe ears any more, my a friend was told to use olive oil in a dropper and prescribed antibiotics instead  >:( really silly situation as he said he's had his ears syringed in the past without a problem.

My next door neighbour ALWAYS lets her dog out so that it can bark when she mows the garden  >:( I'm hoping one day the little b***er will choke it barks so much  ;) or my neighbour cuts through the cable and electrocutes herself  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2019, 09:14:16 PM »

I would refuse the ABs and insist on syringing.  My R ear has been popping loud/deaf all day  :-\.  I have bilateral hearing right now, however  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2019, 09:41:51 AM »

I can't stand noise.  Raised voices make my guts churn.  Even when Mum was calling to Himself in her garden when I sat in the bathroom one morning, the deep seated reaction kicked in  :-\

Add to that people with loud music from their cars/gardens, shouting across gardens when they are BarBQing  :bang:

Tc

« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2019, 10:43:25 AM »

Thanks for bumping CLKD.
I come from a very noisy family everyone talks loud and in happier days I was constantly loud and singing around the house much to my wife's chagrin at 8.00 in the morning!! I always found any new noise like roadworks or when I moved house, buses, trains etc. I quickly got used to. And zoned them out.

But lately everything "jangles" my nerves. Dogs barking, kids screaming, horns toting and even my little cats nighttime howling which shes always done. Ambulance sirens are a particular trigger for me but I think I know why that is.
Aggressive screaming and shouting outside my flat had me almost in full panic attack last night

When the family are all together I sometimes have to leave the room.

I cant seem to stand too much stimulation these days.

I'm not claustrophobic per se. I can get in a lift on my own but being crowded in sets me into "escape" mode and if you add noise to that it's a double whammy. Recently at a restaurant I was seated in a corner and I was o.k till a very excited and noisy birthday party came in and then loud music came on and I had to get out ..and quick.!!

Do you think anxiety levels being consistently raised which mine are just heightens all the senses. I even feel more sensitive to flashing lights. I've only been to one concert in the last year and the crowd noise, music and flashing lights I just couldnt stand it  I never used to be like that.

Xx

jaypo

« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2019, 10:45:02 AM »

My OH watched Andrew Neil interview Hunt & Johnson last night, I had to leave the room coz of the constant talking through each other,omg,what a rabble

Tc

« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2019, 11:37:14 AM »

I know. I saw a 10 second clip and that was 10 seconds too much  my mum just told me shes watching the tennis with the sound turn down so she doeznt have to listen to the constant 'drivel "!!

CLKD

« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2019, 11:58:58 AM »

'drivel' that's a real Norfolk word  ;D as is 'squitt'  8)

Noise that I can't control makes me WILD big time.  It's lack of consideration.

From B4 I can remember my parents argued.  Now I know why  :'( and it wasn't always Dad's fault.

jaypo

« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2019, 01:48:38 PM »

But some noise is quiet noise,my biggest bugbear?people eating noisily,aaaaaarghhhhhhh with the tennis it's the grunting,especially the women who seem to exaggerate it 🤬🤬🤬

CLKD

« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2019, 02:27:40 PM »

There is at least an on/off button for the tennis - or switch to le Tour  ;)

Fireworks makes me wild too  :(

jaypo

« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2019, 02:45:26 PM »

Come on now clkd we all KNOW why you watch that 😆😂

CLKD

« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2019, 02:52:56 PM »

remind me ........  scenery not a lot of good yet  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2019, 04:02:55 PM »

The film Zulu is being screened on Bonfire Night for veterans whose Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder symptoms could be triggered by fireworks.

Rhondda Cynon Taf council and a group of veterans are showing the 1964 film starring Michael Caine which recounts the battle of Rorke's Drift in 1879.

More than 200 veterans have snapped up tickets to Tuesday's screening.

Paul Bromwell, a Falklands War veteran with PTSD, said the noise and smells of fireworks can trigger flashbacks.

Now forgive me but surely this film isn't the best choice  :-\  :D
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20