Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 817474 times)

MiriamT

Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #1215 on: April 14, 2023, 07:28:28 PM »

Good for me, my mood is 100% better, I no longer want to hit people whilst shopping or cause an argument with my husband over nothing ! I'm struggling with VA on and off so still perfecting it!

Kathleen

« Reply #1216 on: April 15, 2023, 08:59:20 AM »

Hello HighAnxiety and welcome to the forum.

I suppose HRT is  like any other treatment, good if it works but bad if it doesn't and gives you other problems instead.

For me HRT was never the magic bullet some women report, even adding in testosterone didn't light my fire so I abandoned that one lol.
I continue to use a medium dose of gel daily as that keeps my hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal atrophy at bay.  I still struggle with other meno symptoms however and I am using lifestyle changes to try and deal with those.

This time of life can be a real rollercoaster ride but the lovely ladies on this site are here to provide support and information so you are not alone.

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

Merseyette

• First Flush
« Reply #1217 on: May 03, 2023, 01:02:37 PM »

I like HRT!  It's stopped the hot flushes and helps me sleep.  Have you watched Davina McCall's documentaries?

Nicky Nutjob

• First Flush
« Reply #1218 on: July 03, 2023, 12:17:33 PM »

Hi Ladies

I've been going through perimenopause since 39 (now 46) and wanted to embrace it naturally, however over the past few years the symptoms have become even more unbearable.  I started to use Evorel Sequi patches which helped with all the symptoms but 3 months in I started to get really bad headaches, blurred vision, fatigue, aches and pains but only on the last 2 weeks of the patch (progesterone) then I was out one evening at a work event and had 2 alcoholic drinks (I don't normally drink only special occassions) came out in a really bad rash and then collapsed unconscious. I have now been given epipens and am waiting on allergy testing. I stayed off the patches for a bit but then meno symptoms got so bad I started them again and now 2 months in I have started to have headaches, blurry vision, fatigue etc all same symptoms as before. I just am so lost and don't know what to do as I really don't want to collapse again (I will not be consuming alcohol) but I also can not cope without the intervention of HRT as the night sweats, insomnia, brain fog etc are just too much for me to cope with. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but really am at my wits end.  Any help / advice would be much appreciated. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this before?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Nicky

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1219 on: July 03, 2023, 12:46:11 PM »

Hi! who is over seeing your treatment?   Many become sensitivity to alcohol as well as developing food 'allergies'.  MayB keeping a diet sheet for 5 days/nights to write down everything that you eat and drink. 

Many don't get on with progesterone either. 

Your symptoms do sound like a lack of oestrogen.  Some find that keeping a mood/symptom diary of use to chart progress.

Let us know how you get on. 

SarahT

« Reply #1220 on: July 03, 2023, 12:56:42 PM »

Helo Nicky,

There are several.different choices of hrt and it can take a while for some to find the right regime. Progesterone as CLKD says  Is hard for some to tolerate in some forms. I personally did not get on with utrogestan and decided to use the mirena coil for the progesterone part.

Maybe take a look at different hrt options, perhaps a look at the search bar on here? If I were you I would definitely get back in touch with your gp to discuss,.you should not be left feeling like this. Maybe see if there is a particular Dr who is interested in women's health?

Do post any questions on the forum, or let off a bit of steam. Am sure the majority of us have felt as you do in one way or another. You aren't alone in feeling like this I can promise you that.

Nicky Nutjob

• First Flush
« Reply #1221 on: July 03, 2023, 01:15:12 PM »

Thank you SarahT & CLKD for replying  :)

I am just off phone with my GP and she is for prescribing provera and a gel for me to try and see if that helps. I just feel so lost and feel that I've lost part on my old self somewhere along the way.  My partner has been so supportive but how long can you expect someone to put up with the craziness especially when you find it hard to put up with yourself.

Thank you for your suggestions and advice I really do appreciate and it does make me feel less alone in this hormonal sea.

I will look at the provera and gel and see if I can tolerate anything is worth a go. 

Thank you!

SarahT

« Reply #1222 on: July 03, 2023, 01:46:47 PM »

Nicky I too feel I have lost my old self, but very slowly am accepting a different me. Not better or worse, just different. Acceptance is a bit part of peri for me, though that's easier said then done when some days you feel you are going mad.

Maybe to have a look at advice for husband's on here? It applies to all our lives ones really. Do remember you don't choose to feel this way ( says me who apologises to my husband frequently for being quite hormonally irrational....) This is not a lifestyle.choice!

Do take care x

Nicky Nutjob

• First Flush
« Reply #1223 on: July 03, 2023, 08:43:30 PM »

Thanks SarahT really appreciate your reply and so glad I posted.

Take care x

Jenty

« Reply #1224 on: July 14, 2023, 06:02:52 PM »

My last experience of HRT about 20years ago  wasn't good at all, so I have avoided it at all costs. I'm in the middle of having a bad flare up of VA and I've had to reach out to my doctor. After a discussion with her I'm giving it another go to see how I get on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1225 on: July 14, 2023, 08:03:47 PM »

Jenty - treatments have improved enormously over those years.  I wouldn't be without my VA treatment now that I have a regime which suits.  Good for me.

Jenty

« Reply #1226 on: July 15, 2023, 05:20:00 AM »

@CLKD,    I'm still living in the dark ages  ;) 

JenJab

« Reply #1227 on: July 25, 2023, 04:13:26 AM »

It's life changing for my VA pain.  I don't know where I would be without it.  My pain has gone from chronic life changing debilitating pain to the bearable i can live with it pain it is today.  I wouldn't be able to work without HRT, support my family, or be mentally well or probably exist without it.  Before VA I never knew how much pain a vagina and bladder could truly cause.  For me HRT keeps me alive and functioning.  Thanks for starting this post.

Kittytraveller

• First Flush
« Reply #1228 on: August 24, 2023, 08:09:41 PM »

Please help! I was on Evorel 25mg patches for 3mths and then they were increased to 50mg. I was fine for just over a week but out of the blue I started experiencing headaches, dizziness, nausea and occasional vomiting. I also have increased intense hunger pains all of the time. I have a GP appointment tomorrow but wonder if anyone else feels like this. Yesterday was the worse. This is making me feel so sad. Advise would be so much appreciated.

Yes me i am on everol Conti 50 for 11 weeks and very sore boobs, headaches, I am teary, very tired and feeling low. I think the dose is too high going to try and get an appointment tomorrow.

Angelrobin20

• First Flush
« Reply #1229 on: September 07, 2023, 11:06:03 AM »

Mad hot flushes tired moody at the minute researching best thing for me tried all the health shop stuff I had complete hysterectomy 2017 and have been having hot flushes since but just lately anything I do I feel like I just came out shower wearing clothes doesn’t help I be in shorts unless I’m out somewhere I’m reluctant to take hrt due to allergies to a lot of medications since I lost my daughter my dr is male and doesn’t really listen so I’m researching everything myself there will be a lady dr starting soon so I want to have my research done before I go to her any advice ladies all advice wlecome I just turned 40 so six years of this
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83