Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 83

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 815686 times)

Katia

Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #885 on: September 22, 2017, 02:09:49 PM »

Liauq, the menopause can bring up auto immune problems too.  My Mum was diagnosed with one going though the menopause, so I'm trying to be super careful.  I do feel worse without the hrt ... I think  ::) I seem to have two good weeks and two not so good weeks, but I did feel better on the pill

liauq

« Reply #886 on: September 22, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »

Hi, Katia: in retrospect, things did go a bit weird when my GP changed me to the mini-pill when I turned 40.
My periods stopped completely....which meant a couple of trips to the chemist for pregnancy tests until I got used to it!
I also had periods of "not flu or migraine" when I would have to do nothing for a couple of days...usually at the weekend!
Being female is just one delightful surprise after another,huh.
We could all write a book called "all the things they didn't tell you about".

suehill67

« Reply #887 on: September 28, 2017, 01:16:18 PM »

I have been suffering for months & reluctantly went to see my gp today as it's showing in my blood that I'm deffo in the early stages of the menopause....I'm 50 & I'm in the happiest time of my life...kids grown up...smashing fella, new job, doing courses at college & volunteering at my local safe house, but now I've become withdrawn, anxious & a totally different woman....so bad I couldn't cope as it's affecting my quality of life....anyhow getting to the point she has prescribed Elleste Duet 1mg tablets & would really appreciate any feedback from you lovely women...it's only day 1 & I'm sat here waiting for things to improve, bit presumptuous but I am that desperate 😂😂 Thankyou look forward to hearing from you all...have a lovely day 💋

Dancinggirl

« Reply #888 on: September 28, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM suehill67
It may take time for the HRT to do its magic. Elleste suits many women fine but it can be trial and error till you find the right HRT. You may read some horror stories from women who struggle with many types of HRT but we are all different - the key is not to look for problems and just get on with life - you may find in a couple of weeks or maybe a couple of months, your life is starting to get back on track.
Keep us posted. DG x

nissa11

« Reply #889 on: October 16, 2017, 09:56:51 AM »

When I wasn't on combined HRT I noticed that the 10 days of progesterone tablets made me feel unwell too. I felt much better once I was put on combined HRT. It was more stable somehow.

Lady Daviot

« Reply #890 on: October 23, 2017, 05:17:27 PM »

Hi Dr Currie/ Ladies. I have still not decided on HRT mainly because I am scared that it won't agree with me. In the past various forms of contraceptives seem to make me bleed more, ie injection, Norplant, mirena, so I finally decided that maybe i should give hormones of any short a miss, however at 48 years old and probably around 4-5 years peri, the fratige, anxiety, low mood and flushes are hard to bear with trying to work full-time and bring up an 8 year old. Truth be told, I don't know where to start with which HRT is best? should I have blood tests done prior to see where I am at with the various levels of progesterone etc. It just seems a minefield and our GP's don't have time to discuss options. I have been offered AD's but I am not depressed, just sometimes anxious and have occasional low mood. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #891 on: October 24, 2017, 07:47:03 AM »

Hi Lady Daviot

You haven't told us what's happening with you periods? Are they still regular or have there been changes in the length of time and type of bleed you get each month.
You are still young and if you low oestrogen then it would be wise to consider HRT.
The progesterone is only important to protect your womb lining from building up and the issues you had before may not apply with HRT.
Are Norplant and the injection just progesterone? The Mirena usually controls and often reduces bleeding after the first few months so I am surprised you found these things caused excessive bleeding??!!
We are all different so respond to the various HRT types in different ways - it's trial and error I'm afraid. If you look under TREATMENTS on this site you will see your options but it's best to start with sequential HRT.
Blood tests for oestrogen and FSH can be helpful but tend to be unreliable in the peri meno stage as the hormones are fluctuating - diagnosis should be based on symptoms.
Are you getting flushes and/or night sweats?
Anxiety and low mood in meno is challlenging to control but many find HRT can reduce these symptoms if they are hormone related - so started appearing when entering meno. Many find flushes reduce quite quickly with HRT but low mood and anxiety can take a good deal longer to reduce - oestrogen tends to be the mood lifter while progesterone can bring pmt type side effects.
Browse around all the factual info on your this site to get clued up and get back to us with questions. DGx

Lady Daviot

« Reply #892 on: October 25, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »

Thanks DG for the useful info. I am still having periods but can range from nothing for 4 months to recently 3 in nearly 7 weeks. The Mirena was given to reduce fortnightly bleeds but after 7-8 weeks, I was still bleeding every day and did not feel right. Anxiety and low moods got worse with peri. Hot flushes day and night most days. I have had a lot of the other peri symptoms as well and the extreme tiredness is a hard one. I could go back to my bed by 10am after a nights sleep ( although wakening most nights ). Going to get my Thyroid and Iron checked again as both have been low before and I will discuss HRT and see how that goes. 

Natslie

« Reply #893 on: October 31, 2017, 12:47:11 AM »

Anyone else new to tibolone taking with prozac took one month. Had lower mood snappy not myself feeling lost in myself anyone else feeling same,? Does this work? Also no change to libido. Sick of feeling miserable not my old self.

Rebecca Taylor

« Reply #894 on: November 06, 2017, 12:42:46 PM »

HRT Great its transformed my life.  I can function normally again.  I am 40 and found out that I was peri-menopausal thank you to Mr Nick Morris, Wellington St Johns Wood, London.  My GP took blood tests and told me to make an appointment for one month later! I could not wait one month not even a week I was utterly exhausted.  I was flushing all through the night my bed was wet through I could not live a normal life.  Until I was prescribed HRT By Mr Nick Morris, such a caring, kind and understanding Doctor (a god in my eyes).  Thumbs up for HRT keep taking the hormones.

jaycee

« Reply #895 on: November 07, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »

Hi Natsli,i am taking Tibolone, for about 6 weeks now, the only thing I have found different is that I have already put a bit of weight on,they do help me sleep better, but I also feel tired during the day too, and often drop off
How long have you been taking it for, I still feel a bit anxious, but that could also be down to a stressful situation at home
I think we are supposed to try them for 3 months to see if they suit,
Iwas on these during menopause I am pot now, they suited me then, so will see how I am after 3 months
Also on vagifem

Maddyb

« Reply #896 on: November 08, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »

I have been taking HRT for about 10 years - Prempak -C which is a 'bleed' HRT. All was fine until this June when it was discontinued and replaced with Premique low dose - a no bleed HRT. Nothing else in my life changed so I can only think the sudden change in my bowel habits was down to this. On eating/drinking breakfast I get sudden cramping and then have to rush to the Loo where I have explosive diarrhoea. For the rest of the day I am fine.
I eventually had a colonoscopy - all fine.
I ended up wearing pads in the morning but still had accidents. All very unbearable.
Forr the last four days I have been taking a quick acting Imodium about 5/6 o'clock in the morning - and hey presto, all fixed. Obviously I get a build up of wind overnight and this sets off the diarrhoea. I don't have to take Imodium at all after the early morning one.
Has anyone else had this reaction to Premique Low Dose?

debra217

« Reply #897 on: November 10, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »

I don't think there's a miracle cure all out there.   In my experience it helps alleviate some of the symptoms but definitely not a cure all - esp. anxiety and mood swings
 :)

jaycee

« Reply #898 on: November 21, 2017, 09:12:29 PM »

I was put on Livial[Tibolone] 2 months ago, was told it would help with sleeping,[or not sleeping to be more accurate] but I feel really tired all the time now and could easily nod off in my chair,[and sometimes do] I was also hoping it would help with libido, which seems worse now than before,
Anyone know how long it takes to kick in,? I was taking livial years ago, and it suited me at the time
I believe you are supposed to give it 3 months, but its the tiredness that's the worst,
I am hoping I get some energy back soon,
Have to go to Drs for yearly review soon, so will ask more about it then Just wondered what experiences anyone else had with livial, do things improve

jaycee

« Reply #899 on: November 22, 2017, 09:55:13 PM »

Anyone,had experience of this
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 83