Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83

Author Topic: HRT--good or bad?  (Read 817331 times)

Flossieteacake

Re: HRT--good or bad?
« Reply #1185 on: February 24, 2022, 02:33:34 PM »

Hi I’m new here only in my 30s and been on hrt patch’s for a year nearly now it’s calmed down my mood , sweating , restlessness, I currently had no period for over a year before the patch started and a year now on the patch.
Can I ask does anybody else suffer with dark facial hair growth and what do you do to help this 😭 . I’m feeling so low recently .
But I think hrt patch for me as worked so far 🙏

Hello Sez. For the facial hair you could try getting it waxed, threaded or even removing it yourself with hair removing cream or shaving. I am sorry you are feeling so low. It is horrible. I am sending you a virtual hug.

Postmeno3

« Reply #1186 on: February 24, 2022, 02:45:27 PM »

Oh no, sorry, I couldn't recommend hair removal cream or shaving, not for facial hair. I suggest you get advice from your gp about it before trying anything as it could be caused by something treatable. However, depending on the amount and strength of it, you could research a range of methods from bleaching for mild "peach fuzz" to electrolysis for thick, coarse hair. Anything in-between should respond well to waxing or threading, but maybe let a beautician do that for you? I'm sorry you're feeling low and don't need this issue to add to that, but how great you feel the patch is helping. Let us know how you get on and thank you for having the courage to post on such a delicate subject. Good luck! 😊

Sez

• First Flush
« Reply #1187 on: February 28, 2022, 04:05:24 PM »

Hi thank you for everyone’s reply my doctor said nothing he can do with regards to facial hair said hopefully the hrt patch will help with this but it hasn’t , yes I tweeze them but they grow back so fast and are thick black hairs and I’m blonde 😭really depresses me how much black hairs I’m getting on my body lately the more I get rid with different techniques more faster it grows back 😭

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1188 on: February 28, 2022, 05:57:29 PM »

I sympathise Sez. I have black facial and body hair. My facial hair started when I was 11. It is horrid.

geminij

• First Flush
« Reply #1189 on: March 03, 2022, 10:02:17 AM »

I have only been taking HRT for just over 3 weeks. I was very reluctant to do so but got desperate with the lack of concentration & being unable to stay focussed - this led to bouts of uncontrolable crying & generally feeling run down & tired. I was having trouble sleeping, hot flushes & no energy to do anything, barely managing to get through a days work.
I noticed very little change in the 1st week but toward the end of the 2nd week noticed that I had more energy then I had done in months. Housework started to get done properly & not just a flip round with the duster. This week work was not such an uphill struggle & almost a pleasure again. I am sleeping better too. So yes in some ways they have helped to give me back a bit of my old life & I feel a bit more in control again.
On the downside I feel as fat as a pig, My stomach has blown up like a balloon & I am struggling to get into my clothes. I still get the flushes but not too bad mainly at night.
I shall continue with them for another 2 months & hopefully it will work out ok for me.
Cazikins

I had most of your symptoms, brain fog, lack of concentration, sleeplessness, since starting HRT patches a month ago I've found no improvement as yet, but the side effects horrendous (severe painful cramps) and weight gain which I can't afford (medically or financially) I have stopped taking the patches until I can get to speak to a Dr - no appointments this month & I keep being told to call daily in case of any cancellations

Liz

• First Flush
« Reply #1190 on: May 22, 2022, 06:42:56 AM »

I can't work out if I need HRT or not. I've been reading through some of the posts but I'm just more confused. I became peri menopausal about 4 years ago and I think I'm fully menopausal now (is that a thing?) because it is nearly 3 years since I had any sort of period. I don't have many symptoms really, reduced labido, slight vaginal dryness, and the biggy - hot flushes! So I am very aware that many people are suffering a great deal more but the hot flushes do get me down. All through the winter when I wanted to wear warm snuggly clothes I couldn't really and now the weather's a bit warmer it's even more difficult. I'm also a naturally cold person so when I'm not flushing I'm probably quite cold. I've discovered that I really need to keep at a just off warm temperature to stop the flushes but then I'm uncomfortable being a little cold all the time. But do I need HRT and will it help? I haven't been to see my GP for ages but the last time we talked about this she referred me to MM and I've dipped in and out ever since trying to decide what to do. Eventually I've decided to post a message and see what you think. What worries me I guess is that I could make things a lot worse, I've read some of the side effects of HRT and they scare me a bit! But after 3/4 years of hot flushes they are starting to get me down a bit. Any advice would be very welcome.

Joaniepat

« Reply #1191 on: May 22, 2022, 07:02:57 AM »

Hi Liz, and welcome to the forum.
Wel, if it were me, I'd go for HRT. As well as dealing with the hot flushes, which could go on for years, it will protect your health for the future. Also, you should at least be using local oestrogen for your VA symptoms, as this will deteriorate if left untreated.
As to potential side effects, we see posts here about people having problems because of the nature of this group, ie, it is mainly a support group. Most people are fine, use HRT with no problems, and have no need of support groups.
I'd give it a go, no need to suffer unnecessarily!
JP x

Liz

• First Flush
« Reply #1192 on: May 25, 2022, 05:18:15 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply and advice, I'm making an appointment today  :)

Me

« Reply #1193 on: May 29, 2022, 03:17:14 PM »

So far the bad outweighing the good :-\ :'( 
Started not so good, changed and it got better with some benefits.
10 month in and it's gone spectacularly tits up - or tits sore, more appropriately.  And horrendous mood swings and feeling frankly, worthless.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1194 on: May 29, 2022, 03:31:03 PM »

So far the bad outweighing the good :-\ :'( 
Started not so good, changed and it got better with some benefits.
10 month in and it's gone spectacularly tits up - or tits sore, more appropriately.  And horrendous mood swings and feeling frankly, worthless.

Hello Me. You are not worthless. You are going through all sorts of changes in your body and you having mood swings is contributing to you feeling this way. Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling?

LSmarty

« Reply #1195 on: May 30, 2022, 06:16:20 AM »

Hrt is definitely great, my life wouldn't be worth living without it.
I just wish my doctor would do things a bit quicker 😂

Tina LEM

• First Flush
« Reply #1196 on: June 06, 2022, 09:51:29 PM »

I am about 3 weeks in - Oestrogel (2 pumps) and Utrogestan (200mg) and have just taken my 6th dose of Utrogestan. I was really scared, especially about the Utrogestan as I know a lot of people have problems with it. 
I feel amazing. I can’t believe the difference although I get it’s early days, so that may change. My biggest symptoms were low mood - sometimes real angst and despair, getting really hot at night (not exactly a flush though), fatigue and lethargy, forgetting things, weak bladder (I didn’t think that had anything to do with peri- menopause, but it’s completely cured!), sleep problems…
I am 49 and can honestly say I feel better than I have in years. I think I got worse so slowly,  I started to think it was normal and forgot where my baseline was.
If this is the ways it stays, it’s more than worth the small risks. I have just started a new, very senior role and I was terrified I’d lost my mojo and wasn’t up to it. I am fine with it 😊 and have my confidence back.
Firstly, please God may this continue and secondly, please can my chemist get Oestrogel back in stock before I run out!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:54:44 PM by Tina LEM »

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1197 on: June 07, 2022, 07:42:00 AM »

I am about 3 weeks in - Oestrogel (2 pumps) and Utrogestan (200mg) and have just taken my 6th dose of Utrogestan. I was really scared, especially about the Utrogestan as I know a lot of people have problems with it. 
I feel amazing. I can’t believe the difference although I get it’s early days, so that may change. My biggest symptoms were low mood - sometimes real angst and despair, getting really hot at night (not exactly a flush though), fatigue and lethargy, forgetting things, weak bladder (I didn’t think that had anything to do with peri- menopause, but it’s completely cured!), sleep problems…
I am 49 and can honestly say I feel better than I have in years. I think I got worse so slowly,  I started to think it was normal and forgot where my baseline was.
If this is the ways it stays, it’s more than worth the small risks. I have just started a new, very senior role and I was terrified I’d lost my mojo and wasn’t up to it. I am fine with it 😊 and have my confidence back.
Firstly, please God may this continue and secondly, please can my chemist get Oestrogel back in stock before I run out!

Hello Tina. Welcome to the forum. It is wonderful to hear how much better you are feeling.  :)

Anne G

« Reply #1198 on: June 19, 2022, 08:50:59 AM »

Massive good from me!  Literally saved my life.  I was one of the women who became suicidal through lack of estrogen and was treated on the NHS with anti-depressants which made not one jot of difference.  Since starting HRT, I've returned to work and many other activities that I'd just given up on/couldn't face.  It has given me my life back  :)

The ironic thing is that I was almost too anxious about HRT to try it, but I'm so glad I took that step.  I'm not saying it is for everyone - although secretly I think it probably should be! - however it is a matter of personal choice, but for anyone else who is going through what I was, then please, please use it.
xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #1199 on: June 19, 2022, 09:14:31 AM »

Massive good from me!  Literally saved my life.  I was one of the women who became suicidal through lack of estrogen and was treated on the NHS with anti-depressants which made not one jot of difference.  Since starting HRT, I've returned to work and many other activities that I'd just given up on/couldn't face.  It has given me my life back  :)

The ironic thing is that I was almost too anxious about HRT to try it, but I'm so glad I took that step.  I'm not saying it is for everyone - although secretly I think it probably should be! - however it is a matter of personal choice, but for anyone else who is going through what I was, then please, please use it.
xx

It is really good to hear how much better you are feeling now.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 83