Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Breast reduction anyone?  (Read 58109 times)

kohler

Re: Breast reduction anyone?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 07:40:36 PM »

For years I always thought I was a 34B and probably was then a couple of years ago lost a lot of weight and went down to 32B. However a few weeks ago I was in York and went in to the Freya underwear shop and got measured and I was horrified when she said I was a 30DD cup!  I nearly died - I can't get into a 30DD at M & S but a 32D I can - which is probably the same size in a roundabout way.

I was shocked at the cup size DD but pleased at the drop of 4 inches in back size whereas my partner was over the moon I was a DD!  And I'm only 5ft 2ins!

Oldteen

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »

It's said that most women wear a back size that's too big and a cup size that's too small, which is one reason why there's less choice in larger sizes as manufacturers think there's no demand. I see a fitter every time I buy a bra. I used to think I was a 36 back size, but got properly measured and in fact need a 34 or even a 32 depending on the manufacturer.

Bette

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »

I wore 36A for years but bras were always uncomfortable. Had a proper fitting and found I was 34B or 32C depending on style. Was quite excited to be a cup or 2 bigger! Since then bras have been much more comfortable.
Bixby x

kohler

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 07:01:57 PM »

I have to admit since getting measured and wearing either a 30DD (get all the bargains in the sales cos not many people that size) or a 32D - I agree - they are so much more comfortable.

She also told me that no wires or support etc. should dig into breast tissue so I'm wary of that now.

Bette

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 09:47:50 PM »

Pre-fitting I'd always worn un-wired bras as I thought I was too small to need anything. She said no, I should use wired as I wasn't that small a cup-size, just slim. Made my day!  ;) ;D And have to admit, wired are much more comfortable for me.
Bixby x

Oldteen

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 01:58:05 PM »

Well I went to the GP today who was most sympathetic about what she described as my "heavy and pendulous" breasts. She noted that, as I suspected, my spine is starting to curve, probably from the weight of them.

She's written to the plastic surgeon putting my case for breast reduction on medical grounds. Now we'll see...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 01:59:37 PM by Oldteen »

niecsey

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »

Hi girls sorry l havnt been on been away for a few days so glad you seen doc teen x I see surgeon end of this month l hope he says yes!!! x Be back later got a lot of catching up to do xxx

Eddie

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 05:48:25 PM »

I can only advise anyone unsure about a breast reduction is to go through with it. It is a scary prospect but if you are unsure about the after the op thing. Don't be, i had one down 3 yrs ago, went from a 32G to a D, absolutely love it. I had a slight prob with scarring and had to have the scars remove but i did my research and found special dressings which i wore the second time and hey presto, no probs. I had the most horrendous breast pain, had tried a few treatments, none of them pleasant. I was referred to breast clinic as my g.p thought i couldn't be referred by him, to quote an earlier post, young surgeon took one look and said very large and pendulous. lol He also told me that for my height (5"1) my nipples were 9cm too low. :o :o Well one was 8 the other 9. So yes yes yes. All in favour, btw, i only waited 3 months for mine.

niecsey

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »

Thanks brilliant so pleased for you x Im not bothered about scars l have a few from other ops the scars dont bother me its not like l will have my boobs on show lol l just want some pain relief this sounds funny but even with a bra on and if l pick them up with my hands the relief is unbelievable l just hope surgeon says yes he has final say 28th l go to see him. I know l will be so embarrased getting them out to a stranger in daylight ! Pmsl l will be crapping myself more about that lol x

Eddie

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »

So was i, but i think they've seen similiar before, just imagine he's wearing frilly knickers under his suit. You never know, he might well be. My scars were a prob as keloid scarring, didn't heal and became very angry, painful and tough, but you won't suffer from that as you've had surgery before. My pain was immense, i couldn't shop in the chiller/freezer section, and when my period was due weight just seemed unrelentless. I was also told that they may grow back, but i'll get it done again if i need to. Have you been working out ALL the reasons for having it done? I found that i'd just learned to live with most of them.

niecsey

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 06:30:52 PM »

I find exercise really bad using my arms is sheer hell my spine has already straightened at the bottom and l have wear and tear to spine and shoulders. Over the years l can do less l dont think its all due to boobs but it dont help.. ironing, hand washing hoovering all end up hurting my back sternum and ribs. I have an exercise bike and cant use the handle bars if l keep my arms out stretched it plast havoc with my back etc You mentioned pain and cold omg l dont go out when its freezing if l can help it that is horrendous too sets the ribs and back off are we talking the same kind of pain? If so lm so pleased to meet you !! I also have fibromyagia too. So l dont know whats causing what really. Also cant go braless at all even for bed :( x pmsl about the knickers lol just reread your post lol when you said working out l thought you meant exercise! Oh yes its something lve wanted done since l was a teen but was too embarrassed to see about it.... your right you just live with it and l have until the morning l woke up in agony and thought l cant put up with this anymore which took me to the doc, appointments getting closer now!! x
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:37:52 PM by niecsey »

Eddie

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 06:43:01 PM »

Absolutely the same language, i think the rib/back pain from the cold for me was meno though 'cause it's still here, but i used to get shooting pains all the way up my arms to my fingers, and stabbing pains all around my nipples. Braless! Now there's a pretty sight. NOT! The worst psychological thing for me was, taking hours trying to find something to wear to cover them but not drown me, then going out and, OMG, where have my eyes gone, everyone talks to the cleavage even when it's not visible. Don't miss that at all. I gave myself tennis elbow because i had to sleep on my front with my arms folder under them. It's not a crime to want to shop in normal shops for undies. Good luck for the 28th. Eddie x

niecsey

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »

Thank you x :) l cant sleep/lie on my back cos it makes my chest bones really hurt and cant lie on stomach cos back hurts!!!  Did you get the awful sternum pain too?  Mine was worse before period there :( even though lve been out in surgical meno certain positions trigger it off still too. Its really good talkign to you :) away to wash dye off hair now lol catch you later xx

Oldteen

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2010, 10:02:23 PM »

Good luck niecsey!

I'm now waiting for an appointment to be "assessed". Meanwhile, I'm having a routine mammogram tomorrow. It's all boobs at the moment!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:38:39 AM by Oldteen »

niecsey

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »

Good luck Teen x do let me know how you get on and l will do the same :) x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14