Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wooshing sound in one ear  (Read 1792 times)

Hannahlou

Wooshing sound in one ear
« on: May 25, 2024, 11:15:48 AM »

Does anyone get a swooshing sound in just one ear?

This started for me yesterday morning and hasn’t let up yet. Continuous swooshing sound like you can hear the blood rushing through your ear or can hear your heartbeat in your ear

Is this a peri thing or should I be worried?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Wooshing sound in one ear
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 11:26:53 AM »

No need to be worried, I've had these sensations for years.  Have you put your little finger into the ear to give it a wriggle?  My R side is worse when I lay my head on the pillow  :( so the wriggle sometimes eases it.  I can hear my heart beat, DH always tells me 'better than not hearing it'  ::)

Tinnitus is my other noisy experience  ::)

Hannahlou

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 11:42:57 AM »

CLKD Oh thank god it’s not just me. I was thinking something serious could be going on. Yes I’ve tried the finger wriggle in the ear but doesn’t work. Sometimes it seems louder than others. Something else to have to learn to live with then. Thanks so much for your reassuring reply ❤️

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 12:40:09 PM »

Keep wriggling  ;D.  Or blow your nose gently because the tubes are joined up.   If U haven't head aches, nausea or continual ear ache, it's nowt to worry about.  If it continues for more than 3 months on a continual basis, get your ears checked.  12 months ago my audiologist told me that I'm not deaf - for my age  ;D [I've known him for years so it's OK]. Worth paying for.

Or whistle .......... diverts the brain. Apparently  ::)

Hannahlou

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 01:10:42 PM »

Thanks so much for the advice CLKD. I feel a bit better about it now. I shall try some more wriggling

Pixie

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 02:21:30 PM »

I get it both ears at night but only when I'm anaemic. You might want to check that to be sure.

Hannahlou

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 03:14:27 PM »

I get it both ears at night but only when I'm anaemic. You might want to check that to be sure.

I always have low iron levels naturally but I take iron tablets and am monitored every 3 months so I know that’s all as fine as it can be for me. I’ve not had this before

Gillydlf

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 03:55:14 PM »

I’ve had pulsating tinnitus in my right ear for 3 months. I’ve been to see a practice nurse twice & have just finished a course of amoxicillin for an ear infection. I do have headaches daily so went to see the GP this week & she’s given me antibiotic ear drops & diagnosed otitis externa. It might be worth you seeing someone if it doesn’t go away just incase you may have an infection?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 07:18:32 PM »

My tinnitus is behind my head  ::) with the pulsating whooshing at night

Hannahlou

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 08:42:54 PM »

My tinnitus is behind my head  ::) with the pulsating whooshing at night

Mine is in the left ear and all the time at the moment 🙄, rather annoying

Dorothy Gale

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 08:59:41 PM »

Yep....I had exactly this last year. Drove me to distraction for weeks....

It just disappeared one day......and now hardly ever.

Mine was hormonal and a TMJ issue, also common in menopause.

It will pass. I know its a horrid feeling.....but like most of my menopause symptoms that are distressing and scary etc......they always pass....or ebb and flow......

Xx
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 08:49:32 AM by Dorothy Gale »

Hannahlou

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 10:35:45 PM »

Yep....I had exactly this last year. Drove me insane for weeks....

It just disappeared one day......and now hardly ever.

Mine was hormonal and a TMJ issue, also common in menopause.

It will pass. I know its a horrid feeling.....but like most of my menopause symptoms that are distressing and scary etc......they always pass....or ebb and flow......

Xx

Oh I hope it doesn’t go on for weeks, it’s so annoying 🙄. I’m hoping that it disappears as quickly as it came. I was talking to my daughter on the phone yesterday morning and all was ok. Then once we had finished the phone call, I could hear it then. Been driving me crazy the last 24 hours. I never knew it could be a symptom, like so many others

Hannahlou

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 10:37:45 PM »

I’ve had pulsating tinnitus in my right ear for 3 months. I’ve been to see a practice nurse twice & have just finished a course of amoxicillin for an ear infection. I do have headaches daily so went to see the GP this week & she’s given me antibiotic ear drops & diagnosed otitis externa. It might be worth you seeing someone if it doesn’t go away just incase you may have an infection?

Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m glad I’m not the only one this happens to. It’s so annoying. No pain or anything like that, just the constant swooshing noise 🙄

Hannahlou

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 10:29:34 AM »

So Hubby is a paramedic, and I got him to check my blood pressure, which is fine. So it’s not that causing the swooshing sound. So I’m guessing it’s definitely hormones

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 11:27:51 AM »

Hormones then!  My R ear is buzzing for England this morning  ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3