Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti  (Read 901 times)

dianad

Evorel conti
« on: May 19, 2024, 09:22:35 PM »

Ladies, a little silly question did anyone ever tried to cut divide the patch to 2 pieces to get lower dosage of hormones? Thanks

merrygoround

Re: Evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 09:55:03 AM »

I've not tried it, but plenty of people on here suggest doing exactly that and report success.
If it's a matrix patch there should be no problem, if it's a reservoir patch then you might not get half the dose in one half.
I think Evorel has a matrix in the centre?
I can't remember though, it's been a long time since I've seen one, I switched from Evorel to estradot which definitely could be cut.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 05:41:59 PM »

When I started evorel sequi the menopause clinic suggested I started on half a patch for a few weeks, cutting the patch in 2. I did this and then increased until I used a whole patch.

dianad

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 07:20:43 AM »

Thanks girls for reply, im gonna try maybe cut it to 3 pieces, because i tried a full patch for 4 months since last year December, started to bleed on month 4, had ultrasound they found a fibromioma on my ovary 5cm, stopped on that stage patches. But they said to start again cause the lining of my womb is ok. But im too scared to restart a full patch, cause had very sore boobs and enlarged under armpits lymph. 🙈

Violetta808

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2024, 03:46:07 PM »

I cut mine into thirds because of bleeding (and sore boobs too) on the full patch. I am not sure it was quite enough as I was getting occasional headaches again, but I didn't bleed, so it's worth a go and you can always increase to half. I only did it for a couple of weeks though and I'm taking a different type of HRT now.

dianad

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 06:32:07 PM »

If u dont mind me asking what are u taking now? Thanks x

Violetta808

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 09:19:51 PM »

I’ve been on tibolone for a month. A consultant gynae suggested it as I have fibroids that bleed on conventional HRT. I feel pretty good on it so far - and no bleeding or boob pain. It’s a bit unusual but there is lots of info about it on this forum (I’d never heard of it before).

dianad

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 12:32:46 PM »

Thanks for reply, i was taking a full patch and started to bleed after a year of no periods at all, they discovered i have a big fibroid 5cm, but still said im good to go with full patch, cause tge lining of womb is ok, it seems they worry only about the lining not fibroids, when i asked about me bleeding they said it should settle in few months, but im taking 1/3 of a patch hope it will help with symptoms and i won’t bleed.

merrygoround

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 10:46:51 AM »

I’ve been on tibolone for a month. A consultant gynae suggested it as I have fibroids that bleed on conventional HRT. I feel pretty good on it so far - and no bleeding or boob pain. It’s a bit unusual but there is lots of info about it on this forum (I’d never heard of it before).
I take tibolone now too, it's great not to have all the emotional side effects that happen with other HRTs, but I still bleed 5-6 days a month on it in a predictible cycle, over a year on it in total now. That monthly bleed and some abdominal pain during the first few months were my only negative side effects.

I'd rather have a bleed every month than get on that emotional roller coaster ride produced by all the more common HRTs that I've tried.