Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stressful time!  (Read 1970 times)

Dandelion22

Stressful time!
« on: May 16, 2024, 09:39:05 AM »

Hi Ladies,
I have not had a good 5 weeks. I am 5 years post menopause and 61 years old  It all started with a pain in my lower back and lack of appetite.  This was followed up with bloating and awful indigestion no matter what I ate. My GP has been excellent and so far I have had a full set of bloods taken and a bowel sample which were all clear. A test for H Pylori was negative and I have had an ultrasound on my ovaries which was clear. However during the scan the radiologist thought my endometrium was thicker than it should be and thought it could well be a fibroid. A CA125 blood test was also clear.  The GP has referred me to have a check which I am ok with as I did have a fibroid a few years ago which was removed but was told that they can come back.  I also have an endoscopy booked for next week to see what is going on with my digestion.
I have pains all over my back now as well as the original back pain and feel like it constantly needs stretching and am wondering if this is stress/anxiety as painkillers don’t seem to help at all. I still have the lack of appetite and whatever I eat seems to produce lots of acid.  I know people say to try to take your mind off your health issues but I am finding this very difficult. I am constantly diagnosing myself and every time it is much worse than the time before!
I wondered if anyone else has had this back issue and if so how you managed to resolve it.
Thank you

jaypo

Re: Stressful time!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 10:20:45 AM »

Hi,so sorry you're going through all this,sounds like a big old case of health anxiety,which so many of us are prone to. I'm just over a 3 month bout of it. Mine was all down to reflux but throw in the anxiety and I had pain in my back,top of stomach,lump in throat etc,just awful.
Acid reflux definitely worsens through meno,I never had it until a few years ago,I have found taking ginger capsules and camomile tablets have absolutely nailed it for me, I still have to keep away from tomatoes and pastry but it really is better and I'd rather take them than the omeprazole that the Dr prescribes with all its side effects x

Dandelion22

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 12:04:55 PM »

Hi Jaypo, That is exactly it! I have just been to see my chiropractor and he was so kind and understanding. He said I did have an issue with my sacroiliac joint but the rest of the back issue was coming from my brain.  He told me to keep moving and not sit too much. I have tried the ppi’s a few years ago and hated all the side effects.  Hopefully the endoscopy will at least give me some answers.  Funnily enough before I read your post I bought myself some camomile and honey tea so let’s see what happens.  Thank you for your reply it is so appreciated x

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 12:15:57 PM »

But if you have reflux it CAN radiate to your back as mine did,it's trying to be rational about it all, that's the difficult part lol
Silent reflux is just as bad as then the nausea starts but after much homework,it says ginger and camomile work wonders and they really do for me,I'm also starting on hi strength pro biotics,my friend is on them and she says her bloat is almost gone,don't you just love life's complicated path  ;D

Dandelion22

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 10:24:59 AM »

Hi Jaypo,
Thanks for your reply, I think I do get acid in my back too as it eases off after a while. The camomile tea made me really sleepy yesterday but definitely relaxed me. This morning I had some porridge and had the most awful stomach cramps about an hour later. The last time I had cereal with milk this happened too.  I have avoided cappuccino because it is not recommended for acid reflux issues but maybe it is the milk?  I seem to be ok with other dairy products so am going to try to avoid the milk for the next few days and see what happens. I have my endoscopy next Friday so that hopefully will rule out other things😀

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024, 01:27:38 PM »

The one thing that helped me with my diet was getting an intolerance test done and after cutting out wheat and almonds my painful stomach subsided, I LOVE porridge but no way could I eat it,as like you,I'd have really bad pains  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024, 03:50:36 PM »

Keep moving.  MayB join a Pilates group or swim regularly?  A womens physio may be able to advise on gentle exercises ...... and making sure that our foot wear is suitable because if feet are bad, the whole spine compensates all the way up to the top of the skull.

Lioness86

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 05:40:05 PM »

Thank you CLKD, I did go to pilates a year ago but was very busy and stopped the classes. I intend to go back as soon as all these tests are out the way.  My shoes are very sensible  my high heels went years ago 😁

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2024, 08:22:27 AM »

:-\

who is Lioness ?  My response was to Dandelion.

Dandelion22

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2024, 09:44:39 AM »

Sorry it is me Lioness86 was my old login, I have deleted it now. I have got up this morning and thought it may be hunger causing the issue but within 20 mins have had the awful indigestion again and stomach pain. Once I get rid of the acid it is so much better x

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2024, 12:30:39 PM »

:-\

who is Lioness ?  My response was to Dandelion.
;D That had me baffled too,were you having a menopause moment dandelion? ;D

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2024, 01:30:10 PM »

So have a dry biscuit or a piece of dry toast ........ and don't drink anything too quickly.  I take my 'omeprazolol' with breakfast to layer the gut.  Also add 'milk of magnesium' liquid when its' really bad.

Dandelion22

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2024, 03:09:41 PM »

Jaypo there are too many post menopause moments to count!

Dandelion22

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2024, 03:14:23 PM »

Thank you CLKD, I will try that in the morning. It is 4pm here and I am absolutely ravenous, it is just that first couple of hours after getting up that seems to be the issue. I have the endoscopy on Friday so have stopped the ppi I was prescribed as they said it can give a false result. I did have horrible bloating whilst I took the Lanseroprazole, does that go off after a while?

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2024, 03:56:37 PM »

here being where, with sunshine?
Pages: [1] 2