Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bijuve  (Read 160 times)

PMB63

Bijuve
« on: May 13, 2024, 08:00:26 AM »

Good Morning. I would love to hear from any other ladies on Bijuve.  I’m 61 and over the years have probably tried all the patches and gels on the market. I also need Progesterone as I still have my womb.  But none of them have ever given me complete relief of my symptoms.  For the past year I have been prescribed Bijuve and seem to be tolerating it well, it has certainly helped with hot flashes although not eliminated them completely.  I’m also under the care of the Newson Clinic and have been taking Androfeme Testosterone gel for the past 6 months. My recent blood test has shown that my hormone levels are still too low though and the nurse suggested doubling up on the Bijuve. I’m just a bit worried as ideally I would feel safer on a patch or gel but even when on high doses of gels/patches my symptoms were never controlled. Any advice or reassurance from others would be very much welcomed 🙏. Thanking you in advance xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bijuve
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 02:35:32 PM »

Hi.  Tell us more about 'bijuve' - is it swallowed, a patch .........

Sometimes a little extra a few times a week can ease symptoms.  However, HRT isn't a cure so can be Trial and Error which can be tiring. 

How low is 'too low' - doubling up immediately may throw the body into freefall, so doing it gradually might be the way to go.  Hopefully some1 will be along with better advice!

Mariamaria

• First Flush
Re: Bijuve
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 05:41:45 PM »

Bijuve is equivalent to a 50g patch and 100 utrogestan.
I was on 50g patch and 100 utrogestan and it was great but I kept bleeding even though my womb lining was ok.
So I went on Bijuve.
It's ok but my night flushes are horrible BUT I don't bleed.
So I stuck a 50 patch on TOO.
I haven't bled but my night flushes are still awful?
My gynie told me to double my bijuve but I haven't.
I want to go back on the patch but I bleed but I did feel better.
I don't understand how a 50g patch and 100 utrogestan makes me bleed but the same dose in tablet form doesn't. I'm so confused too!