Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mood so up and down!  (Read 511 times)

PURPLEFISHMENORCA

• First Flush
Mood so up and down!
« on: May 11, 2024, 10:18:32 AM »

Hi, I’m literally on the edge!

* Peri-Menopause diagnosed 2019
* Fluoxetine 20mg prescribed 2019
* Mirena coil fitted 2019 (new one 2023)
* Evorel patches 2019
* Estrogel instead of Evorel 2023

My moods are down, way down every month. I’m off work, I have a GP appointment next week. I have a Clinical Psychology appointment in 2 weeks.
 I don’t know what to do. I don’t see the point anymore…I’m not enjoying life.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mood so up and down!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 12:24:56 PM »

:welcomemm:  hormones can certainly cause lots of unwanted symptoms.   

How R U managing the HRT?  Patches for example can be cut into pieces to 'add' or 'remove' small amounts as well as using a whole patch.  The important issue is not to over load the body with too much difference at once or it might kick back!  It has been suggested that adding or removing should be done every i.e. 3rd or 4th night to allow the body uptake time to adjust.

Does the Fluoxetine help, it may be that the dose needs to be upped for 6 months for you to benefit.  Who oversees your various regimes?

R the moods cynical?  Do make a list of worries to discuss with the Psychologist, I found venting really useful!

Let us know how you get on.  There is a search box so if no one responds, do put your medication in: individually: to read threads; make notes ;-)

PURPLEFISHMENORCA

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 04:18:47 PM »

Thank you. I’m using the Estrogel at the moment and I’m not sure if you get the exact dose you should with every pump. I’ve noticed when the bottle starts to get empty, not as much gel comes out with each pump. I’m definitely going to try the patches again so will mention this at my GP appointment. I did have my fluoxetine increased a couple of years ago and I felt worse. Ive also tried decreasing the dose and felt bad with doing that.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 05:40:20 PM »

So stick with the fluoxetine for now, no point trying too many changes or you won't know which way is up  ::)

PURPLEFISHMENORCA

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 06:32:13 PM »

I definitely don’t know which way is up, down or sideways!
 I feel like I’m in dreamland.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2024, 06:54:41 PM »

That's typical of meno-brain  ::).  Foggy.  Muddled.  'normal' for many of use   ;)