Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: NHS app  (Read 381 times)

Elliebee

NHS app
« on: April 18, 2024, 06:24:03 PM »

Hi for those of you who use the NHS App do screening results such as smears, mammograms and bowel screening appear on the App?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 06:39:06 PM by Elliebee »

Suziemc

Re: NHS app
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 09:42:50 PM »

Hi

Yes they do, as long as you have full access to your records. Basically if you can see blood test results then you'll be able to see smears, mammogram, bowel results. 

I should maybe qualify this with I'm in England and  'I can see mine' Not sure if Wales, Scotland and NI are any different.

Suzie

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 09:52:23 PM »

Only some show up in the results section of the NHS app.

I checked why with my doctor and was told it depends on the system the lab/hospital use as to whether it goes on to the app and/Patient Knows Best system as well as on to the GP's system.  E.g. On the app I can see some scans, some smears all my blood tests but no mammograms.

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 07:37:59 AM »

When I lived in Wiltshire I could access all my test results but here in Scotland you can't  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 07:42:54 AM »

I don't have an app.  :D

Suziemc

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 08:21:48 AM »

I checked why with my doctor and was told it depends on the system the lab/hospital use as to whether it goes on to the app and/Patient Knows Best system as well as on to the GP's system.  E.g. On the app I can see some scans, some smears all my blood tests but no mammograms.

Oh wow, for me this is another example of just how good my GP surgery is then as all communication they receive is uploaded onto my record. Not just all test results, referral letters etc but even the letters that Newson menopause clinic cc them on. I hadn't realised that this wasn't the standard that all GPs work to.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024, 08:56:39 AM »

All records should be noted somewhere but sharing on an app - not sure about that.  Cuts out the GP/Nurse Practitioner option for a face2face discussion when results are explained. 

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024, 09:09:37 AM »

Oh wow, for me this is another example of just how good my GP surgery is then as all communication they receive is uploaded onto my record. Not just all test results, referral letters etc but even the letters that Newson menopause clinic cc them on. I hadn't realised that this wasn't the standard that all GPs work to.

The records are all on the system as they can show me them in the surgery, they just don't all go on the bit of the system that shows up on the app - it's so frustrating.  Of the two hospitals I've attended for scans, one logs results etc on one system, the other one uses a different system so I'm told - only the entries from one hospital filter through to where I can see them on the app. Not joined up at all!   

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 09:13:12 AM »

Of course this probably goes back to when the NHS decided to 'invest' in a computer system that spoke to all the different regions; however ; most Authorities already had their own systems set up and running so there was no communication between them.  What a waste of money!

It had been suggested that due to people taking holidays that where ever someone ended up in A&E, notes could be accessed.  Especially if someone was unconscious or confused .......... good idea but never followed through  :-\