Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Higher than Evorel Conti in patch..?  (Read 2500 times)

orrla

Higher than Evorel Conti in patch..?
« on: April 14, 2024, 09:58:21 AM »

What, out there, is a notch higher dose than Evorel conti..? Does anyone know?  ..patch form, combined.....?

Thanks!🤗

Dotty

Re: Higher than Evorel Conti in patch..?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 10:11:46 AM »

You would need to move to an oestrogen only patch 75 or 100 and a separate progesterone .

orrla

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 10:56:47 AM »

..and is progesterone in pill any better than it used to be..?   Remember not tolerating it well. Mirena solved problem but my bits are too old for it now..

So, if one needs only bit more than Evorel Conti gives, there is only this 75 option there... ? Hard to believe!..?

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 01:26:35 PM »

Yes indeed. What makes them think meno women all need exactly the same amount of oestrogen?? Some gps will.let you use 1.5 conti patches, others won't. Utrogestan can be used vaginally if you don't want the oral route.

orrla

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 02:32:36 PM »

yeah, some mad world we are on!

Compulsory lowering my HRT after 60 caused vaginal dryness I now need to tend to.. Other issues appeared too.

What exactly was the point?!?!

...Are there any combined patches less than 50..?  ..maybe cutting them..?..if such exist..  Cutting conti would give 75 but what if 60 is my amout..

I am reluctant to go on 75 because I had some idiotic anxiety while on it that vanished after cutting down, so clearly side effect..

Oh my! Shouldn't they be shooting us all at 50, it would save them Einsteins  trouble!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2024, 04:45:15 PM by orrla »

LolsLols

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 09:33:35 AM »

Have you considered estradiol 10micrograms pessaries for dryness (in addition to patch)? I was initially prescribed 2 per week, but after Newson consultation, i've moved up to 5 per week and that's made a massive difference (but have to get the extras over the counter because GP says they won't supply more than 2 per week).  Through GP they're called "Vagifem" and over the counter "Gina" - literally identical though).

orrla

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024, 11:39:28 AM »

Hi LolsLols,

Not only vagina is a problem that I am just trying sort out after having some strong bad reaction to Imovaggis, and Vagirux running me into severe like-UTI.. Had Estring for a while, 6 mts, but there were shortages so back to square one.. now have it but wait for women's physio appointment because I also now need support ring for prolapse that appeared some time ago..and my GP gave me a prescription for out of stock moisturiser for...

Pure madness! ..And that's how it is ever since that HRT cut, in in 2018, in half!

Skin, spine, vagina, muscles, sinuses, eyes, all going bad, one after another, hence this idea of turning my HRT up a bit because before that cut I had no issues at all, other than usual mental jazz. Blood pressure perfect, heart strong, libido fine, all organs working.. so why must I be on clearly too low dose for me?

But my dr at meno clinic left nhs, new ones don't want to hear, nor one I went to see privately and paid only to hear NO, and was talked to as if I was a druggie wanting more drugs..

Any ideas?😳
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:45:05 PM by orrla »

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024, 06:43:04 PM »

Get a new doctor. 50mcg isn't a high dose at all. I'm on 100 (aged 63) and every time I try to reduce my symptoms return.

orrla

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 06:49:33 PM »

👍 I am looking...so far, only found gino advertising himself in post- meno and hrt,  but am not sure if it shouldn't be endocrinologist...🤔 It's a small town..

🤗

Amerififer

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 07:00:52 PM »

I'm on one Everol Conti 50 patch plus a plain Everol 25...Just the Conti alone wasn't working for me.

orrla

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2024, 10:50:26 AM »

Thanks, Amerififer!

So it can be done in a very simple way.. May I ask how old are you, and how long are you doing it? ..that top up with 25 dose..?

What did they tell you about progesterone? Sounds like, that what is in Conti patch is enough for 75 dose...?

It would be the simplest way for me... just, how to get hold of 25 patches, to try..?

What if I cut Conti patch in two and see what happen..?  ..before I find a right doctor..?

I am getting desperate. My energy is sooo low, which combined with all these issues...

🤔

Amerififer

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2024, 12:01:44 PM »

Hiya,

I'm 61... been on HRT for just over a year.. Started on just Everol Conti that worked great for about 6/7 months then it just seemed to stop working.. Symptoms returned with a vengence. I'm lucky i've got a understanding GP... He suggested I try adding on the everol 25 patch to the Conti patch..
Must admit they didn't mention much about the progesterone. So I have been on the two patches for about 6 months.. At the moment it works for me :) Others may vary..

orrla

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2024, 12:07:57 PM »

🤗 Thank you!

sheila99

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2024, 02:30:11 PM »

There is enough progestin in the conti patches for the amount of oestrogen in it. If you add more oestrogen without adding progesterone I'd strongly advise you to have a scan in a few months to check the lining isn't building up.

orrla

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2024, 11:44:23 PM »

..and I feel it's not something I should be fiddling with on my own..

Looking for consultant endocrinologist experienced in post-meno & hrt, in Scotland, now!

Anyone...?😳

I am in mess...