Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Struggling after hysterectomy  (Read 4917 times)

Taz2

Re: Struggling after hysterectomy
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2024, 07:29:08 PM »

I hope that your employer is understanding. Try to get some you time and allow yourself to relax as you are still in recovery after your op if it was only two months ago. Have you given yourself long enough to get over major surgery do you think?  I had to have twelve weeks off following my total hysterectomy but I retained my ovaries and resumed HRT straight away.  Do you know why yours were removed?

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2024, 08:02:02 PM »

Back to work far too early!  Do U feel supported by your employer?

:foryou:

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2024, 08:59:22 PM »

I hope that your employer is understanding. Try to get some you time and allow yourself to relax as you are still in recovery after your op if it was only two months ago. Have you given yourself long enough to get over major surgery do you think?  I had to have twelve weeks off following my total hysterectomy but I retained my ovaries and resumed HRT straight away.  Do you know why yours were removed?

Taz x  :hug:
Thank you, Taz. Looking back I've gone back too soon. I think the lack of Estrogen has been brutal.
Apparently, it's normal to do a total hysterectomy at my age (50) To be honest I was glad to have them removed.
My employer has been really supportive, thankfully x

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2024, 09:00:33 PM »

Back to work far too early!  Do U feel supported by your employer?

:foryou:
I think you're right. It's all just hit me. Work are being very supportive, thank you x

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2024, 10:11:51 AM »

I've got my hrt. I started last night with 2 pumps. I had the best sleep that I have had in a long time. I'm sure it's just coincidence.
I was also given Vagirux but one of the side effects is diarrhoea, which I really don't want. I'm now reluctant to try it.
Thanks for all of your support xx

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024, 11:36:50 AM »

WHat's Vagirux for, please remind me.

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2024, 02:40:06 PM »

Hiya, it's vaginal prssaries x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2024, 02:50:09 PM »

:thankyou:  meno-brain here  ::)

Let us know how you get on.

mandss

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2024, 06:03:32 PM »

Awe mate, I fully understand you...I had a total hysterectomy 16 months ago. I was on HRT prior to the op, but could only take a low dose until my womb had been removed. My consultant (spire Norwich) put me straight onto a higher dose as soon as I woke up. I have since then gone back to tablets as I felt I was not absorbing enough of the patches. I did have to fight with my own GP to up the dose a few months later. Currently on 3mg. Without HRT I would not function, so I do not know how you have done it. Its brutal enough with the HRT. Good luck going forward xxx

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2024, 08:29:28 AM »

Thank you. It's so nice to hear from someone who has been through it.
You are right there. The whole thing has been brutal :( I was left in pain for 2 years with fibroids crushing my bladder/bowel. I was so grateful to be out of pain, I didn't think of the hrt. The consultant said I couldn't have it for 6 weeks and I couldn't get a gp appt for 8.5 weeks. This could have all been avoided if I had hrt straight away
I hope you are feeling better on 3mg? X

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2024, 08:54:28 AM »

Did U inform your Consultant of the long wait to speak with a GP?  Is there a Nurse Practitioner at your Surgery?

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2024, 10:39:01 AM »

I didn't, to be honest. I even called the gp 3 weeks and begged for an appt but was refused  :'(

mandss

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2024, 11:42:38 AM »

Thank you. It's so nice to hear from someone who has been through it.
You are right there. The whole thing has been brutal :( I was left in pain for 2 years with fibroids crushing my bladder/bowel. I was so grateful to be out of pain, I didn't think of the hrt. The consultant said I couldn't have it for 6 weeks and I couldn't get a gp appt for 8.5 weeks. This could have all been avoided if I had hrt straight away
I hope you are feeling better on 3mg? X
I still have bad days, but on the whole I am doing ok. Its the joint pain that gets me down, even though I exercise a few times a week and am now taking collagen to see if that helps x

redandpinkstripes

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2024, 09:25:56 AM »

Bless you .Funnily enough my knee arthritis has flared up again too :( I hope the Collagen helps you x
Pages: 1 [2]