Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Symptoms at 70 years old  (Read 18334 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Symptoms at 70 years old
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2024, 09:01:59 AM »

Don't we all Bluebell  ::)

Turkish delight

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2024, 04:13:23 PM »

Hia,

I'm a bit late to this thread but wanted to link this info for you to take a look at.
There is a window of opportunity and after this it can be unsafe to start hrt.

As in the risks of heart attacks and stroke can outweigh the benefits of taking it the older we are when introducing it.
Sounds odd I know that's why I have linked info to explain it better.

https://youtu.be/u5hLHYUaScI?si=7T9m2O2-ZGUzwuLQ

TD
X

« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 04:53:20 PM by Turkish delight »

HellsBells

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2024, 04:20:56 PM »

Hi CLKD, the Doctor who is female said she wouldn’t advise HRT at this age - if I had been on it years ago she thinks it would be safe but not starting it at this age. To be honest I think most Doctors are out of their depth as far as menopause symptoms are concerned. 🥴

They will say 'There's no evidence that it would be appropriate'. All that means is that they haven't done the studies, not that they have and have proven that it is unsuitable/doesn't work for your age group. When you get your head around that, so much of modern medicine makes sense. It's a way of getting out of prescribing. If they can give hormones to kids who want to 'change sex' with no long term studies they can give it to anyone surely.

Lillyg

• First Flush
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2024, 04:37:01 PM »

I was using vagifem, and the GP said twice weekly, after the initial 3 weeks of every night. Then it didn’t seem to be as good, and I had terrible cystitis symptoms (no bug in the urine though) had 2 lots of antibiotics which did nothing, so I changed to Ovestin. The problem is I did the initial loading of every night, and now on 2 x weekly and the bladder pain comes back. I spoke to a private GP (part of my health care) and he said use it every night (‘it won’t do you any harm’) I’m 71 and it’s the recurring ‘cystitis’ that is awful. Does anyone else use vaginal estrogen every night?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 05:19:14 PM by Lillyg »

suzysunday

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2024, 06:28:31 PM »

I use it about 5x a week.  Recently had my annual review with my usually menopause savvy female GP .  I said I wanted to use more than 3x a week and she got a bit funny saying I shouldn't need it more than 3 x and if I did I'd have to go in for them to " have a look" .  Anyhow I got a slight increase in my dosage but was a bit fed up with her attitude.  Especially when I read women on hear use it daily and with systematic hrt which I don't use.

Ayesha

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2024, 06:40:00 PM »

I use daily Vagifem with Ovestin without any nonsense from my GP about reducing the dose. Some women are lucky to get away with 2 a week but most can't.
I have medication reviews and it never comes up for discussion, they are not worried as its such a low dose.

There is also the fact that women can now buy the product over the counter and can do so if they wish, at a cost!

Joaniepat

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 07:14:15 PM »

Lillyg, I have replied on your other thread  :).
JP x

suzysunday

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2024, 07:28:22 PM »

I use it about 5x a week.  Recently had my annual review with my usually menopause savvy female GP .  I said I wanted to use more than 3x a week and she got a bit funny saying I shouldn't need it more than 3 x and if I did I'd have to go in for them to " have a look" .  Anyhow I got a slight increase in my dosage but was a bit fed up with her attitude.  Especially when I read women on hear use it daily and with systematic hrt which I don't use.

suzysunday

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2024, 07:30:52 PM »

Apologies for posting same thing twice!
Pages: 1 [2]