Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Update on provera prescribed on top of my hrt  (Read 11397 times)

Jan1234

Update on provera prescribed on top of my hrt
« on: April 05, 2024, 12:34:02 PM »

Hi all well I'm back to square one I posted on here previously that my gp had given me provera on top of my conti hrt (kliofem) to see if it would settle my bleeding issues as I'd been checked out in gynecology and all ok, so was given a 3 week course of provera to decrease the dosage each week to see if all settles it worked well and then 6 days after I finish I'm back to spotting everyday again was hoping it would of worked ive got an appointment for a coil fitting 19th April but I'm very unsure about having it, just to say I've tried alot of different hrts and get issues with bleeding everytime how would a coil be any different and any idea how long it settles that's what I'm worried about as got a holiday booked for 7 weeks after I'm due to have it put in I'm acually scared of if it dont suit me they won't remove it for at least 3 months any advice please

sheila99

Re: Update on provera prescribed on top of my hrt
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 12:45:44 PM »

A mirena is often the best solution for problem bleeding, it sorts it out in most women. Not sure about the timing and possible removal but if your problem is bleeding rather than progesterone intolerance it's likely to be successful.

Nas

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 01:46:40 PM »

A mirena worked wonders for me. I had bleeding issues on utrogestan for many months. I was also apprehensive around having a coil fitted, but it was the best thing to stop my bleeding at that time. They can take a while to settle, just to warn you. I had mild spotting for a few weeks, but after that it was fine.

Good luck 🤞

Dazedandconfused

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 02:16:30 PM »

I had problem bleeding as I didn't absorb Utrogestan well.  Mirena has been great for me.

Jan1234

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 03:06:04 PM »

Thanks for replys I know i got to have one that's my last chance but what I'm worried about is how long any side effects will last

Booroo

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 09:34:46 AM »

Thanks for replys I know i got to have one that's my last chance but what I'm worried about is how long any side effects will last

Bless you I know how you feel! I’m on the ever going merry go round of try this try that having to seek advice again now cos not working properly
I had a coil last year it sorted out my bleeding all ok had side effects for a few weeks and then nothing, sadly didn’t work out for me and not wishing to scare you mine actually came out. By itself which was scary for me , o reason why it just did and apparently it’s very common , but it’s worth a go and I may have to go down that route again myself yet,please don’t be put off.bt that though, it’s not every person and it seems to be that we are all Guinea pigs with hrt x