Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Oestrogen face cream?  (Read 45045 times)

AngelaH

Re: Oestrogen face cream?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2024, 05:40:11 PM »

Someone mentioned before that Utrogestan contains an ingredient which is prohibited for using in EU in food production, but EU still using it in medication.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2024, 05:41:20 PM »

How sure R U AngelaH 'about USA ladies being advised ...... '.   :-\.

As an aside: reading Chris Van Tullerkan's book has opened our eyes to how the food industry manipulates buyers both in the UK and State side.  It is probably similar in the medicines industries. 

Let us know how you get on, R U expecting any untoward side effects by using on the face?

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2024, 05:42:36 PM »

That ingredient would be which exactly AngelaH?  Because food and medicines are used differently for different reasons  ........

AngelaH

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2024, 05:44:31 PM »

How sure R U AngelaH 'about USA ladies being advised ...... '.   :-\.

This is my life experience.  :)
I wasn’t born in Britain.  ::)

AngelaH

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2024, 05:45:43 PM »

That ingredient would be which exactly AngelaH?  Because food and medicines are used differently for different reasons  ........
Someone mentioned on here, I don’t really remember.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2024, 05:46:25 PM »

MayB do a search to clarify ..........  :-\

AngelaH

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2024, 05:48:45 PM »

Let us know how you get on, R U expecting any untoward side effects by using on the face?
I will, it should be applied to the face, not any others part of the body.

AngelaH

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2024, 05:52:14 PM »

MayB do a search to clarify ..........  :-\.

I wish I have a lot of time and not to be so busy with work and other staff to do. But I will try to go through Utrogestan ingredients.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 06:22:25 PM by AngelaH »

AngelaH

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2024, 07:29:08 PM »

I think that lady was taking about titanium dioxide

Armed with a dossier of research which suggested titanium dioxide caused cancer, EU health officials last year decided they had no choice but to ban the common food additive.12 Oct 2023

The food additive BANNED in the EU (and Northern Ireland) but still lurking in chewing gum, white chocolate and sauces sold in Britain
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12619767/Food-additive-titanium-dioxide-BANNED-EU-UK-US.html#:~:text=Armed%20with%20a%20dossier%20of,ban%20the%20common%20food%20additive.

Does it mean for people from EU better not to  buy white chocolate in Britain? Well, this is very personal choice I believe.

MrsMitch

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2024, 05:33:05 PM »

I cannot understand any1 wanting to use a product somewhere 'else' - would 1 use 'anusol' on the lips for example where there are good vaseline products.   :-\

Actually,  and don't laugh, but if you get bags under your eyes, anusol cream applied there Actually tightens the skin and gets rid of the bags!! 😆😆

dangermouse

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2024, 07:05:15 PM »

Progesterone cream is fine to use on the face but you have to be more careful with oestrogen, it usually states not to use above the breasts in case it migrates down onto the breast tissue.

AngelaH

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2024, 07:48:12 PM »

I think the best way to do is reading instruction on the product, if it says that cream should be use on the face then I would be better not to apply it somewhere below the breasts.  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2024, 09:44:10 AM »

Is this a face cream or one of these wellsprings type creams that say they are effective for menopause?

If you like estriol then you can eg also get Ovestin

Hurdity x

Yes, it’s wellspring’s face serum and it is intended to be applied to the face. It contains 0,5% progesterone and 0.11% estriol.

I do prefer Blissel, Ovestin is much stronger in compare with Blissel, 1 dose of Ovestin cream contains 500 micrograms estriol, Blissel gel contains 50 micrograms estriol. I use half of that dose, so it comes to 25 micrograms. I need very small dose and Blissel just perfect for me at least at the moment. You really can’t overdose if using estriol in such small doses.

NHS use estriol for VA treatment only, because there’s no evidence and not enough researches been done about its effectiveness for meno symptoms treatment.

Well, hormonal sensitivity is not studied too, so there is no any other option left what NHS can offer me.

You're saying that the cream that you are buying from US for the face consists of 0.11 % estriol??  :o

Well that is slightly more than the concentration of estriol in Ovestin which ia TEN TIMES STRONGER than the other generic estriol cream at 0.01% !!! Ovestin is delivered in tiny amounts to the vagina so I am amazed that a face cream is sold at this same concentration but which is likely used more liberally.

I would be very cautious about considering usage of this - as there simply isn't enough reserach, as far as I know ( and please put me right if you have up to date info) to show that it is safe both systemically and on the face though I assume there must have been some sort of long-term trials?

Hurdity x

AngelaH

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2024, 02:14:51 PM »

Good question Hurdity.   :)
According to Americans, who produce estriol creams, typical estriol skin absorption is only 3%.

Any way I have got it yesterday and applied to my face before I went to bed. It is cosmetic product  designed to improve face skin and it does its job, but at the moment I cannot say how it affects my whole body, because have not noticed any changes from the first use of it.

How safe is bioidentical products? They are on the market for nearly 30 years, the only concern for UK health system is that   production is not regulated by UK authorities.

I tried to find any information about using estriol instead of esrtadiol, not many researches have been done, Japanese researches have positive and promising results, but European are not. So the two researches came to contradictory conclusions.

KaraShannon

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2024, 11:51:25 PM »

Great to see the discussion, I will come back and read properly once I know how my work week is organising itself.

Meanwhile just to add that 'somehow'  ::) I actually ordered iHerb estrogen cream (I can't remember doing it which is scary, lol, but it's just red clover and phytoestrogens from first glance).  Because I have to be really sure about applying to the face and have to read up a lot more, I just tried a little externally down below, not anywhere internally, well onto external skin only and very tiny amount.  After only one night I did notice pelvic floor felt stronger (but it starts to feel that way after switching back to estradiol from combined anyway so that might compound what I'm saying) and there was a lift in my mood (though my mood hadn't been bad before I did feel 'bright.').  I also had vivid dreams.  All in all remember waking feeling restored  ;D  that was a test and I'm not going to use it regularly until I've got proper advice, but interested what people here think.  I would have thought it would be less strong than something like ovestin, but I don't know and we all must stay safe with these things.  What do other's think?

edited to add might have been a placebo effect, but we know when we feel better don't we, it was subtle but I did feel better.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 11:54:34 PM by KaraShannon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3