Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 10385 times)

GM

• First Flush
Advice
« on: March 29, 2024, 12:34:24 PM »

My background is Premature ovarian failure .when I was 29 and now 47.  I have been on HRT for about 15 years .
I have become intolerant to progesterone and have taken different forms and now have been prescribed Crinone every day. I have also tried different estrogen medications and now using Sandrena gels 1.5.
For the past 3 months everything has gone upside down I was previously using the coil but  still intolerant and also it was not sufficiently protecting my womb .
I have had very bad PMS, sore breast and I am so in the last week just started bleeding . I have stopped HRT all together and I have no menopausal symptoms at all while I continue to bleed. My GP has given me an appointment on 1 months time and no response from the menopause clinic . I have sent about 5 emails for advice for the past 2 months.
Is any one on Crinone at the moment . I waiting for the bleeding to stop and maybe take it for  14 days.
But at the moment I feel so much better not on HRT but I  think it’s to do with the bleeding ..  has any one gone through something similar?
Any advice please or response will be appreciated…

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 12:55:51 PM »

Welcome.  It may be that your body will benefit from a break to find out where you are in the ups and downs of hormones.

Has your GP referred U to the menopause clinic, sometimes 'companies' etc. don't respond to e-mails even if the system appears 'live'.  [Waiting myself for 2 responses to different queries  ::) ]

Many lies don't tolerate progesterone part of HRT well.  Lots of threads on the Forum about their woes  :'(

Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Let us know how you get on.

GM

• First Flush
Re: Advice Crinone
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 02:20:35 PM »

Hi

Thank you for your response, i am under the menopause clinic for over 10 yrs.  I w ill have a break from HRT for a while, its been 6 days and my symptoms have not come back.
So i will enjoy it apart from the bleeding which i hope will end soon..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 02:31:40 PM »

Do U feel supported at the Clinic?

what does it say on the leaflet in the box of 'crinone'?  Any hints?

Let us know how you get on.