Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pelvis TA and transvaginal appointment  (Read 1787 times)

monalisa

Pelvis TA and transvaginal appointment
« on: March 28, 2024, 08:32:30 PM »

I have had my hospital appointment come through today for the above , I  asked my gp if I could increase my oestrogen and was given a 25 patch to go along with my everol conti 50 patch I also restarted vagifem .

After a while on the new regime I started to bleed off and on so I stopped the extra 25 patch until these symptoms could be investigated

I am post menopausal
I also cannot have penetration sex every time I do I suffer with pain and water infections which then I have to have antibiotics.
I thought that the vagifem would enable me to be intimate with my husband

Can anyone advise please?

VioletAquarius

Re: Pelvis TA and transvaginal appointment
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 11:52:17 PM »

I'm not sure about the pain everytime you have sex, but for the uti, my sister got an infection everytime she had sex so she now takes an antibiotic tablet after sex and this works for her. I know it's still an antibiotic but it's an option.

But also, if you take daily d-mannose they help stop utis , and if you do get one they can also cure it so you don't need antibiotics.

D mannose doesn't work for everybody, I'm not sure if it works for me as I've had 2 infections while taking them, so I'm thinking of trying another brand, that is more pure, if I get another, one.

Jules

Re: Pelvis TA and transvaginal appointment
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 09:37:25 AM »

I also have an antibiotic I can take after sex. Vagifem should help with pain and access though but it can take months to improve. You have to be patient and persist.