Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Dizziness  (Read 424 times)

eileenbeattie

Dizziness
« on: March 28, 2024, 08:05:57 AM »

Hi ladies

Does anyone else suffer from dizziness? Mine has been terrible recently feel like I'm gonna faint sometimes 😔.  I went to see the doctor and he said my blood pressure was a little bit lower than normal but he's just putting it down to perimenopause. I've had ny heart checked etc with ecg and wore a monitor for 24 hours so not heart related. I can get up in the morning feeling not bad then soon as I'm out walking boom the dizziness returns. I have noticed that my anxiety is through the roof too but I'm taking hrt patches to see if that eases some symptoms. 🤞

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dizziness
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 08:07:45 AM »

How is your diet?

Also low oestrogen may cause a feeling of light headedness.  I have a nerve in the back of my neck, when I turn suddenly I feel 'odd'.   ::)

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 08:09:26 AM »

Meno DOES cause dizziness but did he give you anything to help with it? My Dr put me on stugeron (travel sickness tablet) and they really help,it may be that the fluid in your inner ear has crystals causing the fluid to go the wrong way,so just to say it's meno related and send you off isn't great  :(

eileenbeattie

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 08:33:49 AM »

Thank you both for your comments. No doctor give me anything for my dizziness which is a bit of a bummer 😕.  I'm trying to eat healthy and keep fit too. I'm on everol patches which have estrogen and progesterone in them. I've only been on them for 3 weeks and taking the estrogen one first then onto progesterone. Funnily enough just below my ears it's quite sore to touch so maybe I have some kind of fluid in them but doc never checked to see

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 08:53:19 AM »

I personally would go back,it may be the hrt is the cause but it could also be meniers or labyrinthitis,you can buy stugeron over the counter but I would definitely ask your dr first

eileenbeattie

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 10:35:45 AM »

Thank you for your advice ill go back I it doesn't improve 😊

Tulip256

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 03:35:21 PM »

Did you have dizziness before the patches? I have this at the moment and think it is due to increasing my evorel 75 oestrogen dose to 100mg.  I read that it can be caused by fluctuations in hormones and hoping it improves as I get used to the higher dose.

eileenbeattie

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2024, 02:24:15 PM »

I used to get the odd dizzy feeling before the patches but seem to be worse when on them. I've only been taking them for 3 weeks so early days 😩

Gem79

• First Flush
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 07:09:26 PM »

I have noticed over last few weeks I've felt lightheaded and slightly faint feeling. It's not dizziness as I've experienced that with labrynthitis.
I've wondered whether it's too do with low blood pressure.
Makes me feel spaced. I'm not taking anything just yet. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 07:50:30 PM »

Gem79 - we have a blood pressure monitor at home, DH measures his levels B4 breakfast - the best of 3. 

It mayB the result of your HRT regime.  Is there a specific time when you feel dizziness? or when getting up from a sitting position.