Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan 25 day cycle and... a big thank you!  (Read 535 times)

Kai_63

Utrogestan 25 day cycle and... a big thank you!
« on: March 27, 2024, 09:02:34 AM »

I moved from a 12 day cyclical Utrogestan regime to 25 day cycle orally The reason I went to 25 days (which I know is now less common than always continuous) is because I'm 46, peri for 3 years and my gynaecologist confirmed I could try 25 days although if I got lots of irregular bleeding through the month I would have to have scan.

The first month I had a very light bleed around day 26 to 28.

This month I've not had a bleed (I had almost undetectable spotting on day 14)!

Is it OK not to have a bleed each month on a 25 day regime at my age and stage of peri?

I'm also on 3 pumps oestrogel and 3 times a week vagifem. Plus levothyroxine (have had an underactive thyroid for 20 years, meds are optimal).

I've had a lot of issues with my peri and my HRT but I think I'm finally on a regime that is working! Aside from mild headaches and sometimes a little anxiety and brain fog I don't have any of my old symptoms such as fatigue, nausea and low mood so I really don't want to move off the 25 day cycle as it's far better than the 12 day.

Thank you to the many people here who have helped me on my journey!

Kai_63

Re: Utrogestan 25 day cycle and... a big thank you!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 07:46:04 AM »

Just replying to this to see if anyone can help. Is it OK not to have a bleed each month on a 25 day regime at my age and stage of peri?

Bandango42

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 08:14:46 AM »

Hi Kai_63

Can I ask why you moved from 12 days to 25 days? I used to be on the 14 days cycle of utrogestan until 6 months ago when I started to get erratic bleeding. My gp moved me to continuous but I've had nothing but breakthrough bleeding since. This month I was going to go back to the 14 day cycle but am interested in the 25 day cycle, purely because I felt amazing on continuous but the bleeding got me down.

I'm wondering if 25 days would be the best of both worlds, allowing me to feel good AND have a bleed if I need one which would hopefully stop the breakthrough bleeds.

I'm 44 and peri (I think).

Thanks

Kai_63

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 08:11:36 AM »

I asked to move to 25 days because I had bad side effects on 12 days from the utrogestan (all the stopping and starting, plus the intense dose, didn't feel good).

25 days is no longer the common dose, they move to continous as I understand it, but as I am only 46 the gynaecologist thought it better to do 25 so I could still have a bleed if my body needed one.