Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Surgical menopause/ Estrogen and Testosterone Implant  (Read 6788 times)

treeoflife

Surgical menopause/ Estrogen and Testosterone Implant
« on: March 26, 2024, 03:27:29 PM »

Hello Everyone

I had a hysterectomy in 2017 for pmdd and I’m still struggling with hormone fluctuations.

I have been on estradot and everol 200mcg prior to the implant.

Does anyone have any success with hrt implants?

I am on my 4th implant and still having fluctuations.

Felt well when estrogen was at 766. Testosterone 2.3

Testosterone has been reduced to 25mg due to levels being high.

I had a blood test and my estrogen level has gone down to 541 and i am feeling dire.

Cannot function
Struggling to get out of bed
Still awake at 1am.
Head and body itching at 1am. My head was itching that much I had to wash at that time in the morning to get some relief.
I couldn’t stop crying on Saturday and Didn’t know where to turn(I haven’t felt like that for a while)
Waking with a Pounding heart and awful dreams during the early hours.(never experIenced that before)
No energy or motivation
No appetite
Hot sweats
Night sweats
Low mood
Piercing noise and in my ears
Joint pain in my neck
Fear
Deep emotion
Zonked out in the morning
Feeling jumpy

There is no contact with  the Chelsea & Westminster hospital until you have your next appointment. Which isn’t until September as my estrogen was at the high end.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you xx

Sazduggs

Re: Surgical menopause/ Estrogen and Testosterone Implant
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 08:34:24 PM »

Hi tree of life…..

I feel your pain, I’ve been EXACTLY where you are. It was miserable. I’ve been going to C&W for 6 years now, having E and T pellets every 6 months.

Like you I had my hyx for pmdd, I was 35 and spent 3 years on patches. Pills and gels will no stability.

I was so scared to start pellets but I couldnt take wearing 2 x huge 100mg patches and I was running out of ass space  ;D

It took a good 3-4 pellets for me to start feeling good and settled, even then I think my 5 or 6 felt like it wasn’t working properly so I wore patches too. Overall I’m now fine. I have to stay above 700 for E or I go literally crazy!! And I’m best with my T at 2.0 or above, I’ve been as high as 4.5

All I can suggest is ride it out, it did take an about 3 years to feel truly settled with them, probably not what you want to hear but IT WILL GET BETTER!! I promise. I massively altered my diet and exercise too which I found helped stability.
I due back in may and I’m thinking I might stop the T and go back to gels as the only negative symptom I have now is super thinning hair over the last 4 years, I reckon I have lost 2 thirds of thickness!! Thank god I stayed with super thick hair!!

Hollyboll

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 03:21:19 PM »

Hi both

Tree - very sorry to you're so miserable and feeling dire :(  Wish I had some words of wisdom but can only send you a virtual hug.

Sazduggs - I really needed to read this today, thank you! 

My story's different - and not for here or now - I still have all my bits but after a few years of me and GP completely missing what in retrospect was obvious and bad peri, I got HRT from a pvt GP.  Helped to start with but then they pushed up my dose and that caused more problems, including tachyphylaxis - ended up with a meno consultant who worked out I have a very unusual uptake and so was still getting massive fluctuations (towards 2000 and 200 within a day or two).  He mentioned implants early on but I likewise was very reluctant - however it also took many months before got my oestr levels within ranges he felt an implant would be safe, and in that time my symptoms just got worse.

So last week I had my first ever E implant. I was so relieved to be there I didn't focus much on what next, although he told me to taper patches over 3 weeks.  That was 10 days ago.  Dizzy, light-headed and headachy, to point where I think I'm passing out ... in many years of very challenging peri/meno symptoms I've never had this before. 

I know it's early days but struggling badly and so disappointed - I went into it with a great positive mindset, knew it wouldn't be magic immediately but didn't expect to be even less able to function than before. 

So I'm glad to hear Sazduggs' encouragement that it WILL get better ;) -I keep thinking it can't get any worse, but this has been so far!

xx

treeoflife

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 03:08:10 PM »

Thank you both for your replies. I feel like giving up.

Sending you both a virtual hug too.

Can’t cope with all the symptoms.
Contacted the gynae admin team at the c&w hospital and you have to be referred again through the ers via your gp.

I Just felt in a dark place last night🥲

I am glad you are doing fine. I have thick hair at present Sazduggs so like you say it’s a good job if the testosterone causes hair loss.

Sorry you are struggling too Hollyboll.

I thought pmdd was hard, but I’m finding surgical menopause WORSE :'(

I thought the implant would be the answer :'(

Jenny x