Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to HRT I have questions!  (Read 8652 times)

TracyD

• First Flush
New to HRT I have questions!
« on: March 26, 2024, 10:14:30 AM »

Hi, Ive been taking HRT since December 23. 2 pumps of Estrogel daily and 2 weeks on/2 weeks off utrogestan.
My questions are:
Is it normal not to bleed on your 2 weeks off the progesterone? I was on depo birth control for years to control heavy irregular bleeds (and was period free) however I decided to stop taking depo and I've been 5 weeks depo free so is this why I have no periods? Anytime I've came off depo in the past I've started bleeding straight away.

My other question then leads on from this, I do notice a difference in my moods when I'm on the 2 weeks where I'm  taking progesterone. Can I take it continuously? Is it safe to do so because I feel it really helps my mental health! Is this also something anyone else has experienced?

sheila99

Re: New to HRT I have questions!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 02:17:22 PM »

It might be that there hasn't been enough build up yet. You can take 100mg every day if you're meno. If you're still peri it's better with a sequi regime so you don't have unscheduled bleeds.

K45

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 03:02:57 PM »

Hi, I just started the same regimen on 3/3  and also noticed my mood was much better the 2 weeks on progesterone and slept a lot better too. The bleeding was 4 days after my last progesterone tablet and was a fair bit lighter than without HRT. I felt really dizzy and tired as soon as I switched to just the gel. The lack of sleep has been the most torturous aspect of perimenopause :(

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 10:42:17 PM »

I find it like poison! The less I have the better I feel. Taking it 25 days per 28 day cycle is an option and can be useful in late peri as it allows a bleed if there's been a build up. Perhaps this might be an option?

K45

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 07:33:39 AM »

It's literally that - I've just had 2 days off because I have Gilbert's syndrome and the oestrogen felt like my body was being poisoned. Thanks for the helpful suggestion - I have my first HRT review on 15/4 so I'll ask my GP then.