Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Propranalol  (Read 472 times)

kathryn22

Propranalol
« on: March 26, 2024, 08:27:12 AM »

Does anyone take Propranalol for anxiety
Started about 4 weeks ago was told it was fast acting Still having chronic attacks daily taking 20 mg x 2 daily Just feel awful all the time and still have same symptoms

JoannFran

Re: Propranalol
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 08:37:50 AM »

Hi there

Sorry to hear you’re having bad anxiety. I take propranolol for anxiety. I started on 40mg twice a day and this was upped to 40mg 3 times per day at first (this did a very good job of alleviating the anxiety) but made me dizzy and tired as I think it was dropping my blood pressure too much. I swapped to 80mg slow release (so just 1 per day) and this helps. It’s not as good as the 40mg x 3. I can also take an extra 10mg if I need to.   Sounds like maybe you need a higher dose. You’d have to keep an eye on your blood pressure tho.
Have you tried anything else for the anxiety? Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 08:42:18 AM »

I took it successfully for many years.  80mg 3 times a day for a week followed by 40mg twice a day then once for years.  Dropped to 20mg at night.  Until we went into lockdown then I stopped completely.

'valium' as necessary worked in the 1990s.  Now I have an emergency tablet when anxiety floors me.  By 3 weeks U should feel some benefit I would have thought, mayB ask if you can add 20mg on alternate evenings?  When is the anxiety worse for you?

kathryn22

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 08:57:59 AM »

Mornings are worst usually tails off by early afternoon but not always Have also had CBT and hypnosis and herbal remedies
JoannFran.. yes feel very dizzy and breathless sometimes and also tired and listless
All of this caused by atrophy and prolapse 🤦‍♀️ who knew life could be such a battle everyday .. every minute