Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes or not  (Read 626 times)

hope

• First Flush
Hot flushes or not
« on: March 25, 2024, 07:00:58 PM »

Today I came over all hot and sweaty  and weak   in the  middle of a hair cut.  Told the  doctor  when I had a couple before  . she said to wait on the gynaecologist appointment  or they could be anxiety related  but I was not that anxious at either time.   Can this be hormonal  imbalance .  So scary 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hot flushes or not
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 07:06:36 PM »

Yep.   :welcomemm: :hotflash:

They present in various ways.  Some feel light headed or hot or cold; nauseous or shaky. 

Adrenaline for me is like hot water running through the veins.  Anxiety causes sudden nausea and shaking.

What have you been referred to a gynae for, it mayB worthwhile to get an appt at a dedicated menopause clnininc, there are waiting lists.  Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 07:10:27 PM »

Hi Hope. Do you mind sharing how old you are and what stage of menopause you are at?

Hot flushes in the early days can cause the effects you mention. Once they become more established they often follow a distinct pattern. For me this was a sudden feeling of unease/doom then slight nausea and a feeling like I needed to sit down and a rise in heart rate before the sweat began. Once I could recognise what was happening it was less scary and I knew it would be over in a few minutes.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

hope

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 04:54:50 PM »

I am 53 .  Been in the menopause for a couple of years  was doing fine    a few months ago things started to go  bad for some reason.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 05:43:38 PM »

Your oestrogen levels continue to drop even when you reach menopause and different symptoms appear.  Are you on any HRT? What are you periods doing?

Taz x