Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Spotting after 10 months  (Read 553 times)

Kasann

Spotting after 10 months
« on: March 25, 2024, 06:46:24 PM »

Hi All , I’m looking possibly for reassurance . My last period was May the 10th last yr . I had one mid April then the May one . Both v light . Since feb I have had the worst sore boobs , really bad daily anxiety , flushing Last Thursday I had period cramps my boob pain went & I’ve not had a flush since . I then have a little bleed on my pants & in the loo . Since then not all the time I wipe I’ve had light pink on the loo paper . It’s like I’m trying to start a period . I have  also just been on antibiotics & always get thrush so I have that as well at the moment  ! I’m 53 just not on hrt . Also we’ve had a v stressful time since last April with my lovely Dad . We had an inquest with medical negligence to deal with last month . Is this the last hurrah . Do I need to start counting again ? Could stress also play a part . I worry as live alone & have terrible anxiety . Thank you ☺️

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Spotting after 10 months
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 06:59:12 PM »

Hi.  It's The Change - my periods waxed and waned for several years: missed then a more normal pattern, missed again .........

I didn't stop carrying sanitiary protection for at least 5 years after my last bleed.  ::)

Why were you prescribed ABs?   MayB swallow a good live probiotic which should clear the digestive tract from head to bottom, as well as applying a little into the vagina: cooling !  Have U heard of Vaginal Atrophy?

Sorry about your Dad, these problems can be wearying.  Medical negligence is hard work as the NHS tends to close ranks  >:(.

Let us know how you get on.  You are not alone now  :great:  some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of. use too. 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 07:15:09 PM »

It's such a nuisance when you go so long without a period only to have to start counting again but this happens a lot - happened to me a couple of times - and the feeling like you are waiting to start a period is very common during peri menopause. Another common thing is that flushes can disappear when you are building up to a period. This has led to a lot of us on here over the years thinking that we were almost at the end of the whole menopause thing. Congratulating ourselves that the flushes had gone. The periods had gone. The menopause wasn't so bad after all then back down to earth with a bump as the periods returned and we had to start again.  ;D Maybe this will be your last one though .  :)

Taz x

Kasann

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 07:17:07 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply . Honestly I needed it . I’m the one who is trying to be strong all the time over Dad & don’t show anyone this side of me .
I have diverticulitis a bowel condition .  I take a pro biotic . Usually only have a flare up a year . Think the inquest brought it on . This can cause blood in my wee but not unless it’s dipped . All the feelings was a period . I think I thought I was nearly done & so near 12 months it’s worried me .
I forgot to say I do have VA & haven’t been using it regular this last month !! I don’t know why as I’m usually religious with it . Maybe it wasn’t thrush . Maybe it was VA .
I will start again tonight . Could this maybe of caused pink spotting ? Even though I cramped .
Again you’re so kind replying . Thank you ☺️

Kasann

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 07:23:41 PM »

Thank you Taz also the both of you have made me feel I need to calm down & get back on the vagifem & see what happens .
That’s interesting as I’ve been having so many flushes then literally nothing for over 2weeks . It’s certainly a crazy ride . I said to my friend before if it had been 7/8 months I wouldn’t have even worried . So irrational what it does to our brains  🥴

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 07:29:58 PM »

Glad it's helped! I understand the irrationality perfectly! There's a thread on here entitled something like 'Things I've Diagnosed Myself With'. You are not alone.

Taz x   ;D

Kasann

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 07:32:36 PM »

That’s me to a tea .  ;D

Taz2

Kasann

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 09:34:38 AM »

Health anxiety spike this morning .
I know it falls into being under a year for me . Just over 10 months . I know this can happen but I cant seem to rationalise it .
This is day 6 & I’m still slightly cramping , feel teary & have anxiety .
Still pink spotting on loo tissue not every time & it’s only smidges . I’ve worn a liner daily & most of the time nothing on it . Is pink like this normal after missing so long ? I’ve had brown & deeper red last 2 I had last year .Then pink at the end. My body is screaming hormonal have a period but my head is screaming it’s not normal .
I do have VA. Ive never spotted with it ever but could this also be in the mix ?

I’m sorry just feel really rubbish & anxious . 😟

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 01:10:00 PM »

You've no need to say sorry. It is an anxious time when we experience these unexpected changes. From what you have posted it sounds as if your symptoms are right for peri menopause. The fact hat you've had the hormonal symptoms before the bleeding started would indicate a proper period and is what happened to me when I'd gone ten months without a period. I was around 52 at the time. As you are feeling so anxious maybe a check in with your GP would be helpful to you. What treatment are you using for your VA?

Taz x

Kasann

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 06:10:18 PM »

Hi Taz ,

I’m on vagifem . It works for me tbh .I’ve not for some stupid reason took it recently. Can that make you bleed ? I’ve also had thrush for the last 2 weeks . Just clearing up now after my 2nd tablet .
And my ibs has been bad really sore tummy , pains etc as I’ve been on antibiotics for my bowel condition . Overall think I’ve a lot going on so feel a bit rubbish . Then a bleed has tipped me .
When like this everything is amplified isn’t it . I feel better as I’ve been out all day & kept myself busy .
You’ve also made me feel better with your kind reply & story .  I just need to play it out & see how long I spot for . I agree it all ties in with hormones . I felt like I could have killed someone last week as well 😂 no patience at all 🫣 so very hormonal . Also I’ve had phantom pains quite regularly over the last 10 months & sore boobs .
Hope you’ve had a nice day with the lovely sun ☀️ shining .

Kasann

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 09:19:52 PM »

Update on the spotting .Its day 8 . It’s  not really spotting anymore .More a smidge & I’m only  see it because I'm looking 🫣. Not a pink colour more a dirty colour ( if that makes sense ) on the loo roll ever so slight & not every time I go .
My question is has anyone had this go on a while after a peri bleed as only when you wipe every now & again ?
I need to stop looking now ! 😂