Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: citalopram  (Read 1598 times)

Dorothy Gale

Re: citalopram
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2024, 05:46:49 PM »

Thanks Katherine xx

Grrrrr just typed a huge reply regarding the question about my sleep....but it didn't post when I clicked and I've lost it all now.

No energy to type it again currently (I have M.E) but just for now, no it didn't affect my sleep.

X

CarolineM

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2024, 10:06:51 PM »

Hi Discogirl,

I was on citalopram for a while about 7 years ago. No problems with sleep at all.

It was great for getting rid of the awful down feelings - but for me this came at the expense of normal natural highs. For example, when I was with friends and I'd laugh about something it was a just a physical laughter response - I didn't feel the positive emotions but knew intellectually that something was good. It flatlined my emotions - no lows but no highs, and I missed the highs because I used to have loads.

I also responded to people differently. Previously, if I was a bit annoyed at someone I'd keep it to myself but on citalopram I really told them! This didn't always have positive results, and looking back I was quite brutal on occasion. Not like me at all, but on citalopram I didn't care and just said what was on my mind - no emotions and no common sense filter.

This was only my experience - I have friends who swear by SSRIs, and they don't go around offending people! I'm mentioning this because I wish someone had told me this was a possibility before I started on citalopram. I lost friends at that point in my life and unfortunately I can't get them back. So maybe keep checking every week or so to see how you think your interactions with others are going, or ask a few friends to keep an eye out for you.

I hope you find it helps you, I know of several people who believe citalopram is the best thing ever!

Caroline

fiftyplus

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2024, 10:09:57 PM »

I am glad you are feeling better Dorothy Gale x

discogirl

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2024, 11:30:23 AM »

Hi CarolineM

It is difficult with AD's of any kind. You want the awful feelings to lift, however sometimes they just leave you numb. No lows but sometimes no highs either.

From what I've read on here citalopram seems to work, however I have my tablets just sitting in the draw. I would have less of an issue taking them, apart from the fact I'm already on amitripytline x

Katherine

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2024, 06:48:17 PM »

That's happened to me a few times Dorothy where I've typed out a post then lost it. I think it might be when the connection in a particular room isn't that good. Hope you're still feeling ok x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]