Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Acne caused by HRT Advice Needed  (Read 910 times)

sheila99

Re: Acne caused by HRT Advice Needed
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2024, 08:45:48 PM »

Hopefully that's solved the problem. If it doesn't work you might consider 2xPOP as this can be used be used for the progesterone part of hrt and you already know you tolerate it well.

merrygoround

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2024, 05:01:38 AM »

Just thought I would post an update. 

I switched GP, and was able to see someone to discuss my HRT issues within a day rather than the 6 weeks that my previous GP would take, which was amazing.

They put me on Femoston 1/10, I am halfway through my second month, and no acne whatsoever, and my skin looks great.  No night sweats either which were horrendous, and I have not felt this well in years.
Thanks for the update, it's good to know what works!
My skin and hair both became less greasy and more like they'd been in childhood by the time my periods stopped, both improved imo.
Then when I began HRT I got a few spots and a heap of depression, the latter made me quit.
I was offered tibolone instead. It has positive effects on my mood, my skin is like a child's (between the wrinkles, lol) and my hair doesn't get greasy ever.
I was offered femoston as my next option if I didn't like tibolone, I didn't get that far down the list, ;D

violetbat

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2024, 06:59:11 AM »

When I was taking utrogestan I had permanent, big , red and angry spots all over my chin.
I have recently switched to norithisterone and the difference is like night and day. I get the occasional small spot. It could well be how you are reacting to the progesterone. Could you try a different type?

Violetta808

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2024, 09:50:39 PM »

Just thought I would post an update. 

I switched GP, and was able to see someone to discuss my HRT issues within a day rather than the 6 weeks that my previous GP would take, which was amazing.

They put me on Femoston 1/10, I am halfway through my second month, and no acne whatsoever, and my skin looks great.  No night sweats either which were horrendous, and I have not felt this well in years.
Thanks for the update, it's good to know what works!
My skin and hair both became less greasy and more like they'd been in childhood by the time my periods stopped, both improved imo.
Then when I began HRT I got a few spots and a heap of depression, the latter made me quit.
I was offered tibolone instead. It has positive effects on my mood, my skin is like a child's (between the wrinkles, lol) and my hair doesn't get greasy ever.
I was offered femoston as my next option if I didn't like tibolone, I didn't get that far down the list, ;D

Good to know you have resolved this mking12 - and that you feel so well.

Merrygoround - I’m on Tibolone too but only for the past month so it’s still new to me. I’m liking it so far. I was worried about the potential androgenic effects on my skin but all good at the moment 🤞
Pages: 1 [2]