Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Going private  (Read 16718 times)

MrsMitch

Re: Going private
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2024, 11:26:17 AM »

Honestly Jules, it's difficult isn't it? Every time I bought Gina from my local Boots, there was always a difficult pharmacist on and always had 20 questions as to why I wanted it. I started taking my empty box of estradiol to show them which then meant they wanted to know why I would buy it. Of course once I mentioned I needed it more frequently and GP wouldn't prescribe it, it got much harder. It make you feel like giving up and I do wonder if that's what they want us to do.
I'm grateful you mentioned prophylactic ab as I had never heard of these. I've just had to Google it!!
I can't remember the last time I had sex and I'm glad my husband has been fantastic.  He is always reluctant for us to do anything when I've used estradiol for 2 weeks because he knows I still have to use local anesthetic,  which burns like crazy at first, and then I often get a uti. So do they prevent uti's?

orrla

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2024, 11:40:51 AM »

Imagine what I got in response to my Testosterone prescription! 😏

I just wish them, in my mind, that they will go through the same. Then they will learn!..?

Jules

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2024, 12:17:48 PM »

My UTIs were always after sex, except the first bad one when I ended up in hospital.  So in the end I was offered ABs to take one within 2 hours after sex. And yes they did the trick but after a while I started getting the sensation of a UTI so obviously that was the VA and after trying other things to avoid the estrogen I eventually gave in. But I always take the AB and I always have emergency ABs after that first episode.

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2024, 08:45:07 AM »

Mrs Mitch, just reading through your journey and to say how horrific that you have had such a struggle to get the medication you needed. Absolutely appalling that you've had to suffer due to ill informed, obstructive gynys, GPs, and even pharmacists. So glad you have finally got what you so badly needed, though it really shouldn't have been that hard! I do hope everything settles down now and that you soon feel more comfortable.

Ayesha

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2024, 10:17:07 AM »

Boots pharmacy has been mentioned in this thread, I would never, ever again have my medication from them after being given the third degree over a tube of Canesten in front of a line of waiting customers. This was a few years ago but I was so shocked to scream and shout at this disgusting behaviour by a male staff member and when you think today you can buy Canesten at your local supermarket.  I have never experienced this kind of treatment from any other pharmacy since, only the nicest care and attention to my needs.

Not sure who Boots think they are in treating people this way, its not acceptable!

orrla

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2024, 08:12:20 PM »

I have varicose egzema due to leggs swelling, which my gp diagnosed as fungis, and took ages to clear, so to speed thighs up, I went to boots to buy what's there for it. The woman could not be louder, going on about fungis,..

yuck!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 08:15:51 PM by orrla »

Katejo

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2024, 12:37:05 PM »

Boots pharmacy has been mentioned in this thread, I would never, ever again have my medication from them after being given the third degree over a tube of Canesten in front of a line of waiting customers. This was a few years ago but I was so shocked to scream and shout at this disgusting behaviour by a male staff member and when you think today you can buy Canesten at your local supermarket.  I have never experienced this kind of treatment from any other pharmacy since, only the nicest care and attention to my needs.

Not sure who Boots think they are in treating people this way, its not acceptable!
My local Boots told me yesterday that I absolutely was NOT allowed to buy GINA if I was on systemic HRT! I will have to lie if I try a different pharmacy.

Jules

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2024, 11:43:43 PM »

I once tried to buy the tablet to treat thrush at tesco chemist and she asked my age and wouldn't sell it me, said she wasn't allowed to. I wished I'd have lied but I didn't know there was an age limit. Its annoying.
Pages: 1 2 [3]