News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 8565 times)

Norfolkterriermum

• First Flush
Hello
« on: March 18, 2024, 08:04:35 PM »

Hi newbie here trying to navigate the site. 50 yrs old and well and truly into menopause. Went to GP 3 weeks ago as 3 months of insomnia became intolerable. At that point aside from restlessness overnight and hot flushes I was managing ok. Been on HRT for 3 weeks and last few days have been horrid. I either want to cry or kill someone. Aches and pains in shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip and ankle on one side and shoulder  acute overnight which also impacts on sleep. Just feel mentally and physically like I’ve been hit by a bus every day and making work really hard. Hone from occasional brain fog to feeling almost detached from my brain completely. Due to go back to the GP in another 7 weeks and assume the best thing to do is sit this out and see if symptoms improve in that time?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 08:10:15 PM »

Hi!  [do your ears fold over ;-) ]. sorry, I digress.

:welcomemm:  as oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become dry: inside and out, do read 'the bladder issues' and any vaginal atrophy threads on the Forum.  Make notes. Ask away.

Which HRT regime have you been prescribed?  It can take a bit of Trial and Error B4 the body begins to uptake the hormone changes. 

What R your periods up to?

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 08:11:40 PM »

Hi, welcome to the Forum.
Sorry to hear you are feeling rough, but it's usual to give any regime 2-3 months to settle in and then reasses with your GP. I hope you start to feel some benefit soon. Good luck!
JP x

Norfolkterriermum

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 09:49:04 PM »

Hi!  [do your ears fold over ;-) ]. sorry, I digress.

:welcomemm:  as oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also the body may become dry: inside and out, do read 'the bladder issues' and any vaginal atrophy threads on the Forum.  Make notes. Ask away.

Which HRT regime have you been prescribed?  It can take a bit of patience Trial and Error B4 the body begins to uptake the hormone changes. 

What R your periods up to?

Hi, folding over ears rule ! no bleeding for over a year now. Patch and progesterone tablet HRT. I shall be patient was just hoping to feel better on HRT not worse

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 10:56:33 PM »

Certainly folded ear Rule  ;D.  [I'm a Sealyham follower myself ]

Where R u in the regime as some find the progesterone part difficult.  Do U keep a mood/food/symptom diary which may be useful to chart progress.