Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Was Finally Able To Get HRT, Now I'm Scared To Take It🫤  (Read 8363 times)

Cinnamon07

Was Finally Able To Get HRT, Now I'm Scared To Take It🫤
« on: March 18, 2024, 03:38:13 AM »

Hello again

So I'm still feeling like crap, It's bearable, however, we should not have to bear feeling like s*** all day every day. Anyway, as the title says. I was finally able to get HRT almost 3 months ago, however, I still have yet to start it, because I'm scared of side effects. I'll be 39 years old on March 19th, I still have a uterus, so I was given the estrogen+progesterone cream. For those of you who have been, or is currently on the estrogen+progesterone could you please share your experiences?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Was Finally Able To Get HRT, Now I'm Scared To Take It🫤
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 09:51:02 AM »

Morning - I was like that with The Pill, I would hold it in my hand every evening until my cocoa went cold  :-\ as I can't swallow large tablets.

Which progesterone cream?  What worries U the most about using HRT, if after 5-6 months U don't feel any benefits, then U can stop.  U can put the product names into the search box: individually: to read appropriate threads.  Make notes ;-).

Cinnamon07

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 06:39:04 PM »

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I still have my uterus, therefore, I can't just take progesterone alone. I was prescribed estrogen+progesterone cream. I'm just scared that I'm going to have really serious side effects.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 07:31:49 PM »

Ladies with a uterus must take some form of progesterone.  Which cream have you been prescribed  :-\ as part of the regime.  After hysterectomy we can get by with oestrogen repaclement though some do find that they still require a form of progesterone. 

Let us know how you get on.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 07:46:53 PM »

Which strength oestrogen and progesterone have you been prescribed?

Taz x

K45

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 03:07:07 PM »

I was absolutely terrified of starting it because the brain fog/anxiety/insomnia was bad enough and I was very worried it might get worse. The progesterone helped all my symptoms but I'm not finding the gel only part of the regimen that helpful. It's my first month on HRT so I guess it's still early days.