Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: UTI advice please ….  (Read 17342 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: UTI advice please ….
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 06:26:47 PM »

That's your answer: vaginal atrophy and you had a gap!  Get that treatment going again for 2-3 weeks.  VA mimics urine infection-type symptoms really really well!

Jules

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 10:51:56 PM »

I would if possible take the whole 7 days.  3 may not be enough .......... sometimes the bug pops up if it isn't knocked on the head  >:(  ::)

Also take pain relief.

I agree. My doctor told me after a certain age a 7 day course is needed.  When I was in hospital with a bad UTI they gave me intravenous ABs then I had 5 tablets that I had to take one a day. That was in America but obviously a 3 day course wouldnt have been enough

Kate57

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2024, 07:22:05 AM »

Thank you ladies,
today i am feeling much brighter.
The UTI seems to have cleared up, and the VA eased off quite quickly after applying the Estriol cream, so i was lucky to catch it before it worsened.
Thank you again for your advice.
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2024, 09:22:44 AM »

Vaginal atrophy mimics repeated urine infection-type symptoms really really well.  As long as the urine sample was clean, you didn't have any infection.  Keep up with the VA treatment!  Let us know how you get on?

Jules

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2024, 10:40:47 AM »

I had over a week of feeling I had  UTI. I had a round of ABs then they gave me different ones which immediately relieved it however my sample showed up clear. The doctor told me ABs have an anti-inflammatory effect and that's why it can appear they've worked.

orrla

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2024, 04:20:05 PM »

Your vagina and urinary tracks lining are getting dry due to your age and lack of hormones, and it hurts!

There would be solutions for that if anyone bothered, first, to tell us about it, second, be consistent with medication supplies!

..as, today, I learnt that, the only one that worked so far E-string ring is unavailable due some shovelling within industry
I am guessing they worked out that they can make fortune on burning vaginas so they are in process of organising themselves right now..but,  in a meantime?

All you can do is, Burn for England!

Yupee!

Pages: 1 [2]