Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and worst period pain ever!  (Read 27366 times)

SunnySarah

• First Flush
Utrogestan and worst period pain ever!
« on: March 14, 2024, 09:52:29 PM »

I am new to HRT as have tried to ride this journey naturally, but after 6 months with no period I guess my hormone levels were low and I felt awful, so I’m now on oestrogen patches 25mg and Utrogestan 200mg for 12 days. The patches have been great but I’ve struggled with the  Utrogestan as I feel so groggy and sick every morning, i decided to try it vaginally and definitely had none of the previous side effects. But this morning I got my bleed and can honestly say it has been the most painful and debilitating period I have ever had, it was off the scale and I had to cancel work as just couldn’t cope. Does anyone know if the bleed is worse by taking it vaginally? I’ll see what happens next month and will go back to taking orally, but I’m absolutely petrified of doing this again and will have to come off HRT all together if this continues.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan and worst period pain ever!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 09:29:47 AM »

Morning.  There are several ways of delivering HRT.  Many find the progesterone part of a regime difficult.  U have my sympathy, I had excruciating monthly pains for many years  :'( :-\

If no one else comes along, do put the names of the products into the search box: separately : and read threads that pop up.  Make notes.  In the meantime, into a warm bath with you, take pain relief and keep hydrated.   :foryou:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 10:27:38 AM »

It's probably because it's been so long since your last one rather than the delivery method of utro.

SunnySarah

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 09:32:43 PM »

Oh ok.. thank you as that makes sense. X

SunnySarah

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 09:35:09 PM »

Thanks for taking time to reply. I will search further on this thread when I can and also look up Mirena coil as that’s another option I’ve realised. It’s a minefield this phase of our lives! 🥰

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 10:57:30 PM »

Yep.  It's The Change, does what is says on the tin: with horns  >:( ::)

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 07:09:33 AM »

Hi SunnySarah. I'm not on utrogestan but my first three bleeds when first starting HRT were heavy, clotty and very painful. After that they settled down to a light bleed lasting around four days. I'd persevere if, apart from the bleeding, the HRT has made you feel better. The advice is to try each HRT for three months to see if it's the one for you or not. Let us know how you get on.  :)

Taz x :welcomemm:

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 07:31:23 AM »

I cut down to 100mg vaginally it still gives a bleed, the 200mg was just so strong.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 09:42:53 AM »

How R U feeling SunnySarah?

SunnySarah

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2024, 10:10:10 PM »

Thanks for replies on here. The first period was so bad it totally freaked me out! But the 2nd one has been heavy but totally manageable and certainly didn’t require a day off work so I do think not having a period for 6 months played its part in the pain. So if anyone comes across this thread and in the same boat, it will ease xx

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2024, 07:40:50 AM »

I'm pleased that things are getting better for you SunnySarah and thanks for posting as I'm sure it will help others persevere if they are experiencing the same when first starting HRT

Taz x  :thankyou: