Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone know when Fezolinetant will be allowed on the NHS?  (Read 2020 times)

merrygoround

Anyone know when Fezolinetant will be allowed on the NHS?
« on: March 11, 2024, 01:25:15 PM »

Fezolinetant is allowed in the UK under private prescription costing hundreds, so I've been told.

Does anyone know whether this will be available on the NHS soon?

All the progesterones I've been allowed to try in my three years post menopause have made me suicidal in about three days flat, so I'm on tibolone and black cohosh with a tiny bit of oestrogel. I started having hot flushes during the day again in the last few days, that was purely down to forgetting to replace the black cohosh strip of pills in the box, so I missed four days straight at least, shows they are still effective for day sweats. The oestrogel probably helps too, I use about three pumps a week, that clears my head.

Not at night though. I have night sweats a lot, I line the bed with towels so I don't need to strip the bed daily. I'm getting tests done for my kidneys and it's hard to stay hydrated when I lose a couple of kgs each night in sweat. I'd like this fezolinetant but haven't got enough money to pay a second time for it.

I think I read it might be in June or never, anyone know?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone know when Fezolinetant will be allowed on the NHS?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 03:58:07 PM »

I would ask your local Pharmacist also how much it actually costs.