Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone have no bleed after finishing the progesterone tablets each month?  (Read 9636 times)

Sprat_Jax

• First Flush

Hi from Aotearoa New Zealand. I'm 51 and started HRT 2 1/2 months ago. I have interstitial cystitis which was well controlled by 25mg amitriptyline per day. About 6 months ago my GP told me I needed to come off the birth control pill (Yaz) as I was 51 which was the average age of menopause - and they didn't know if it was safe to continue taking birth control after going through menopause. Within a couple of weeks of coming off the Yaz my interstitial cystitis kicked off - I had bladder pain. After a month it still hadn't gone away so went back to my GP and she put me on estrogen pessaries. After about 6 weeks the pain was still there and so I was put estradiol 25mcg patch and utrogestan 100mg for 12 days per month. This has definitely helped my bladder, but I noticed each month after I stopped the progesterone I never had a bleed. I reported this back to my doctor, and she said a certain percentage of people just don't bleed - but i would when I was on the birth control. Anyone else the same?

Cassie

Yes that happened to me, I think if you are on a low dose oestrogen and dont build up enough lining you wont bleed. I skipped a month and then the following month after my 12 days of utrogestan I did have a bleed it was only a few days and very light. Am about to start Utrogestan again so will see what happens this month

sheila99

It's probably the lack if build up but the normal dose of utro is 12 days x 200mg. It's 100mg when used daily for women who are meno. You may look to look at the va threads, it's very good at mimicking urinary tract infections.

Izzy

• First Flush

Yes that happened to me, I think if you are on a low dose oestrogen and dont build up enough lining you wont bleed. I skipped a month and then the following month after my 12 days of utrogestan I did have a bleed it was only a few days and very light. Am about to start Utrogestan again so will see what happens this month

I was just wondering..if you didn't get a bleed when did you start the next cycle of progesterone? I'm on day 10 since finishing my 14 days of progesterone and no bleed. Do I wait 4 more days and start it? Thank you!