Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: These days...  (Read 32834 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: These days...
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2024, 03:21:37 PM »

So true Sophya.
Don’t know where time goes most days.  :stupid:

KaraShannon

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2024, 09:48:22 AM »

We buy Saturday  nationals which have lots of interesting articles in, not that I can remember them  :-\

Oh I read many an article and don't know later what it was about even though I liked it.

KaraShannon

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2024, 09:52:12 AM »

Does anyone find themselves commenting on how things are different these days?

I mean I've only noticed all the differences along with the pandemic, not a more gradual ageing process but still, anyone with examples are welcome.

Mine starts with a moan.  My new hairdryer takes 30 mins to fully dry my hair.  Prior ones ALL MY LIFE UP TO NOW have dried it in 5 - 10 mins at the most.  Anyone else noticed this?

;D

These days time flies faster than usual. I don't have 24 hours to do them all, I think  I need 48 hours a day.

Definitely agree with this, what the heck is this about??

I've wondered about planning my 'day' over 48 hours and just treat night as an afternoon nap!  Since all that I need to do in a day now seems to require 48 hours, definitely.

Annoying that one.

When the young children come round in our family, they seem to be on one activity, then another, then another.  No wonder they think they have such a long day, their attention spans are much shorter.  But I don't think having a short attention span as an adult gives a sense of more time, it just gives more chaos  ;D

AngelaH

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2024, 10:31:43 AM »

The Word map has changed, the country where I was born no longer exists :-\

The sky is not so blue and the grass is not as green as before.  ;D

Johnson’s baby cream in green round pots disappeared, I used that cream for my face until the age of 45.  :-\

I am 1 cm shorter than before. When I am asked how tall I am I need to remember to deduct 1 cm.  :-\

To be honest everything is changed, nothing left unchanged for me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 10:43:11 AM by AngelaH »

KaraShannon

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2024, 11:22:27 AM »

The Word map has changed, the country where I was born no longer exits.  :-\

The sky is not so blue and the grass is not as green as before.  ;D

Johnson’s baby cream in green round pots disappeared, I used that cream for my face until the age 45.  :-\

I am 1 cm shorter than before. When I am asked how tall I am I need to remember to deduct 1 cm.  :-\

To be honest everything is changed, nothing left unchanged for me.

I struggle with change.  Sorry to hear about your country  :'(  I haven't looked at the world map in a long time..

The 1 cm shorter thing, I am wondering if that's a decrease in testosterone.  I was looking up about testosterone for my ex.  One of the questions asked if you are shorter than before.  I am thinking about getting mine tested and treated if need be. 

Hope you have a good day  :)

AngelaH

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2024, 11:42:37 PM »

I struggle with change.  Sorry to hear about your country  :'(  I haven't looked at the world map in a long time..

The 1 cm shorter thing, I am wondering if that's a decrease in testosterone.  I was looking up about testosterone for my ex.  One of the questions asked if you are shorter than before.  I am thinking about getting mine tested and treated if need be. 

My country disappeared from the Word map about 30+ years ago, it was huge country with 15 different nationalities and 15 different spoken languages, USSR. Older generations still can remember, but those who younger never knew it.

I don’t think testosterone is responsible for height change when we getting older. My testosterone level still within normal, I am quite androgenic lady and always was, so I lost near all estrogen and progesterone in my body, but not testosterone.

Here about why we are getting shorter.
https://theconversation.com/why-you-get-shorter-as-you-age-132826

KaraShannon

« Reply #51 on: Today at 01:22:33 AM »

My country disappeared from the Word map about 30+ years ago, it was huge country with 15 different nationalities and 15 different spoken languages, USSR. Older generations still can remember, but those who younger never knew it.

I don’t think testosterone is responsible for height change when we getting older. My testosterone level still within normal, I am quite androgenic lady and always was, so I lost near all estrogen and progesterone in my body, but not testosterone.

Here about why we are getting shorter.
https://theconversation.com/why-you-get-shorter-as-you-age-132826

I remember the USSR.  I was young and not into global news, but I do remember wondering how the people living there felt about it.

That's interesting about the testosterone decrease not necessarily a factor in getting shorter.  I'll read the article soon as I should be in bed already, work tomorrow.  Thanks AngelaH

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]