Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: These days...  (Read 32830 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: These days...
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »

Until the 1980s my hair was down to my waist.  Washed over the bath then rubbed gently with a towel B4 sitting in front of the coal fire.  25 mins. done both sides.

Then it was cut in mid-1980 followed by perms for a few years.  I looked like Crystal Tips  ;D.  I rarely used a hair dryer as it spoils the ends. Now I wrap a warm towel round after shaking my head ........ within 20 mins. it's done and if I'm out in the garden, much quicker    8)

sheila99

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 02:00:34 PM »

Card only self service tills. My local coop has 3 card only and none that take cash. Usually a long queue for a the one check out with a real person and no-one using self service.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2024, 03:48:53 PM »

We have stopped shopping where cash isn't accepted  ;D as well as where muzak is played.  Soon we will be buying everything on-line. Because my brain doesn't function well I am unable to remember my card passwords etc. so cannot shop where a card is required.  It's cash with me or nowt.   8)

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 08:17:17 AM »

We have a chat with our regular check out ladies, I think that they are stuck to their chairs  ;D.  When the Bank with the dancing horse started asking me how I was spending my cash, after 3/4 times with a queue behind me: "It's a deposit for the building down the road where I'm opening a brothel" .......... every1 in the queue laughed so they were probably fed up with being asked similar .........

Now, where were we  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 08:17:39 AM »

Did U ditch the hair dryer yet?

sheila99

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2024, 10:04:13 AM »

Fan heaters, similar to hair dryers. Now use twice the electricity of old ones and produce quarter of the heat  >:(.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2024, 05:58:47 PM »

With or without clothes on?
That’s the question!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2024, 08:00:49 PM »

Without - with shampoo to hand and some1 inside with a warm towel: job done  ;D

These days: VAPES : in my face in the street  :poke2: :bang:

KaraShannon

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2024, 12:15:02 AM »

Until the 1980s my hair was down to my waist.  Washed over the bath then rubbed gently with a towel B4 sitting in front of the coal fire.  25 mins. done both sides.

Then it was cut in mid-1980 followed by perms for a few years.  I looked like Crystal Tips  ;D.  I rarely used a hair dryer as it spoils the ends. Now I wrap a warm towel round after shaking my head ........ within 20 mins. it's done and if I'm out in the garden, much quicker    8)

Understand.  My hair was drying with me just here ranting about it.  Why oh why was it not drying with the hair dryer.  I have been spoilt though.  The reason I ever used a hairdryer in the first place was because it was dry and tidy within about 4 mins.  Pathetic now, no point in using it, I'm sweaty after and have only just showered, it's like an aerobics class just to get my hair dry.

You can tell I'm not over this.  ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2024, 12:17:50 AM »

Card only self service tills. My local coop has 3 card only and none that take cash. Usually a long queue for a the one check out with a real person and no-one using self service.

Yes this annoys me as well, I don't like being herded and digitised  >:(

KaraShannon

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2024, 12:20:30 AM »

I always do the scan your own shopping for my big shop, no way can I be bothered putting all my stuff on the conveyor belt only to then put it all back in my trolley PLUS have a cashier saying.....having a nice day? Are you doing anything nice later?  >:( It's always on the tip of my tongue to say.....yes,I'm off to my pole dancing job  ;D

That's something I've never done, scan my own shopping, I don't know why, it was always clever people that did that  ;D  I think I'm going to look into it, much more freeing and I need all the help I can get  ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2024, 12:24:15 AM »

Did U ditch the hair dryer yet?

that would be too easy wouldn't it  ;D

No I keep walking past it, it's in the hall on the side.  I keep looking at it in disbelief and thinking next time might be better (it won't be I'm in a rage every time)  ;D

I'm not that good with toasters either.  I mean how long does it take to toast the bread??!  My old grandmother once got me to toast bread by an open fire on a fork, it was done in seconds.  You'd think a modern toaster would do that. 

I must just have rubbish appliances  ;D >:( >:(

KaraShannon

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2024, 12:25:58 AM »

Fan heaters, similar to hair dryers. Now use twice the electricity of old ones and produce quarter of the heat  >:(.

Annoying  >:( >:(

KaraShannon

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2024, 12:28:00 AM »

These days: VAPES : in my face in the street  :poke2: :bang:

Yes, annoying  >:( >:(

KaraShannon

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2024, 12:53:37 PM »

I'm having another problem, I can't stand the electricity from gaming or subwoofers, does anyone have this?  In my day you didn't have
all that, you had peace.  Unless I'm just more sensitive now, but I did read that even 15 years ago these things weren't commonplace so you wouldn't have had to deal with it.

Another thing I'm really struggling with lately and I'd really like to know if others are, but my timing is all out.  My day always ended around 6pm and calls were usually made sometime between 6 - 8pm, and then settle for the night.  Now I've got people calling at 1pm, 3pm, and not wanting to 'speak later' because they want to wind down, yet they are mean from 4pm onwards (I don't really have the time before 6pm to be chatting and they don't want to after, so not connecting with some of the people that are important to me).  I think there are a lot of people doing this new routine since the lockdowns but I am really struggling with the change, the days seem really short, I'm not a 6am riser, more 8am and 9am on home working or days off.  I don't want my day shunted forward like that but I seem out of kilter with the world.  Does anyone else feel this?  (not expecting anyone to because it does seem the world has changed)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4